PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
That pipe maker is away because he passed. I don't think I'll be getting that at that price or even at all. Ive checked the abovesuggestions, all right on the money and nice. Like the Peterson, not the price, and it's a bit short. One of the Rossi's may be the one.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Good suggestions, and I might also suggest you look at French pipes like Chacom, BC, and Genod. Also, Johs makes some handsome well-made pipes that are moderately priced.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Okay, am I missing something here, or what? That site linked to Alexander Briar Pipes has some quite good looking pipes and some of them are less than $30 and even some I'd buy in a heartbeat for less than $20....I feel like I'm missing something because some of those look better than the Rossi I bought myself for $40 a few months ago.

daniel7

Sep 11, 2018
Balatonalmádi, Hungary
Alexander's pipes are cheap, but they are made from good quality Greek briar. I bought only a briar kit from Kostas and I can say that it is excellent quality briar. I think those pipes are worth a try. I'm also thinking about buying a nice oldschool billiard from them. They send everything by postal way from Athens, so it takes longer time to receive the product.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
I don't mind a longer wait for a product that looks just as good or even better for half or a third the price as other big name brand pipes. I might just have to pick one up sometime just to see what they're like and if I like them, hell, they could become more of my stable.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Okay, am I missing something here, or what? That site linked to Alexander Briar Pipes has some quite good looking pipes and some of them are less than $30 and even some I'd buy in a heartbeat for less than $20....I feel like I'm missing something because some of those look better than the Rossi I bought myself for $40 a few months ago.

I'm guessing that, just like with Mr Balandis pipes, their devalued currency plays to our advantage.

daniel7

Sep 11, 2018
Balatonalmádi, Hungary
Their currency is Euro, but the Greek economy is not the most stable in Europe, true. The photos you see on their web page are about the actual pipes you will receive, I think it is a big plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.