Looking for a meerschaum, can anyone help?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clutch

Lurker
Jun 10, 2011
I have decided to give in to the PAD and get a new Meerschaum straight black stem smooth finish Billiard. I have seen many of them with a black stem tha's not completely straight. Most of them have a hard transition on the stem from large to small. I am looking for one with a black stem with a taper to the bit. Has anybody seen or can anybody point me in the direction to find a new Meerschaum straight black stem smooth finish Billiard with a tapered stem? Thanks to all!

clutch

Lurker
Jun 10, 2011
Ok, I learned how to get pics...
This shows 3 briars of which the middle one shows the type of tapered stem I'm looking for. Actually, either of the two straight stem Briars in the pic are EXACTLY what I'm looking for in a Meerschaum! I can't find it...
briarpipe.jpg

Here is the Meeschaum I'm looking for. The stem has a hard transition on the stem and I'm looking to get it smooth.
IMG_8715.jpg

Thanks for the help and if I cna just change the stem on the pipe my wonder is I pay A LOT of buckolas for a pipe and it ain't just like I want it? But maybe that's the ticket?...

clutch

Lurker
Jun 10, 2011
@Basker, that's EXACTLY (well almost)what I'm lookinf for BUT, I want a black stem! Thanks!
Uhhh...wait a sec... I didn't read too well. THAT'S IT... I didn't see the option to add the black acrylic stem! PLUS it's cheaper that what I sas going to spend! Thanks Baskerville! You don't happen to have a discount code do you? lol... Thanks again!
I love this site!

clutch

Lurker
Jun 10, 2011
Well, I went and did it. My house and family are in the Houston area, I work in Peru. I'm hoping against all hope that it'll be there when I go on R&R at the end of the month but doubtful. I ordered the ME303, which is exactly what I was looking for. I think I'm gonna like this new site! Thanks for putting me on it!.

Very nice...
I've order a BUNCH of pipes and tobaccos since all I have to do is work, think and read the different reviews of tobaccos and pipes. One of the guys I work with has a really nice meerschaum that his kids gave him a few weeks ago. It's a beauty. He told me after smoking the briars for years, he would have anything than the Meerschaum now.
Listen, if my wife calls, tell her I'm not here, you haven't seen me and definitely don't know anything about a new pipe! :wink:
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.