PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crispy

Lurker
Aug 1, 2012
Since coming back to pipe smoking I'm finding that I don't enjoy my old blends so much anymore but I'm really taking to the aromatics all of a sudden. I've had a few that had a promising tin note but really just tasted like the VA/Burley blends that they are, with barely a hint of their casing coming through in the smoke. Can anyone suggest a good, VERY flavorful smoke. Of course I want to avoid things that are soaking wet and will never dry or blends that bite like a rottweiler. On a related note, I have tins of Dunhill Early Morning Pipe and Nightcap with 2 or 3 bowls out of each that anyone is welcome to if they like.

galeon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
I would suggest all of the Boswell Aromatic Blends. http://www.boswellpipes.com/tobaccoblends.html
You really will get a smoke that tastes like the pouch note. And at $2.70 an ounce with quick shipping, it can't be beaten. I personally recommend Raspberry Cream and the Berry Cobbler. I love how they taste and they leave a nice room note. However, they do require a decent drying time that differs depending on the blend you get. That being said, they aren't dripping wet like some other aromatics.
Steve

Jul 12, 2011
If Aromatics you seek...visit Boswell's...only Aros I can smoke these days;
Some of them that I have tried and really liked;

-Sweet Tea

-X-mas cookie

-Chocolate cream

-Piper's Pleasure

-PA Dutch Treat

-Berry Cobbler
other blends I do enjoy from time to time

Lane's 1-Q

Scotty's Butternut Burley

C&D's Autumn Evening

H&H's Classic Burley Kake

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
I'm new too and have mostly smoke a few aromatics. I came form cigs and wouldn't mind trying the Dunhills if you have some to spare.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I was a heavy cig smker and I found for my palet and nic fix that Villiger 1888 Mid Day has a nice exotic flavor and room note, not to mention a good nic fix for me. It is a smoother VA blend.

crispy

Lurker
Aug 1, 2012
Well, Boswell's seems the unanimous winner. I'll have to check them out.
Vespertillio, you've given me an idea. PM your mailing info to me and I'll send off a generous sample of each and if you're kicking the cig habit I find Dunhills are strong and satisfying. If you have any Aros you wouldn't sharing let me know. If there's anyone else with some Aros that would like to trade for samples of those Dunhills let me know.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
PM Sent sir. I kicked the cigs with an E-cig but I do want to try these other non-aro blends that everyone seems to like.

crispy

Lurker
Aug 1, 2012
That Paladin might be interesting. I'm having trouble finding it online though and I would need it shipped to Canada. Keep in mind too, my "local B&M" is the second shelf of my closet lol. If they don't sell it at the grocery store then I have to order it. Does anyone know if Boswells will ship to Canada? I don't see any mention of international orders on their site.

crispy

Lurker
Aug 1, 2012
Ah, smokingdragon that C&D Autumn Evening has been on my mind for a while now. I didn't spot your mention of it on my first read through. I think I'm going to have to succumb to my curiosity and buy a tin already. Anyone else tried the other Cornell and Diehl Aros? They seem tempting!

galeon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
You can always call them Crispy. They've always been really polite with me on the pone every time I call.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Boswells tobaccos all have very strong flavor that you can actually taste! They also smell out of this world good. You have to call them to set up the order, but their website lists all their blends. They will also custom blend any blend you want just for your taste. I know one person who orders Berry Cobbler extra sweet.
My favorite Boswell Blends:

No Bite Delite

Christmass Cookie

Berry Cobbler

Raspberry Cream
I don't like chocolate cream so much as no bite delite has a much more complex flavor and it is mostly chocolate. Mixing 50/50 berry cobbler with raspberry cream gives you a very interesting blend as well. Raspberry cream is a very in your face strong flavor, while berry cobbler is more muted, but much more complex with spicy undertones. Together they are very bold and flavorful.

crispy

Lurker
Aug 1, 2012
I was eyeballing the no bite as well. I sent an e-mail to check on Canadian shipping. If all's well I'll put in an order with them soon. Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.