PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeinhand

Lifer
Sep 23, 2011
Virginia
.. .... .- ...- . -. - -.-. --- -.. . -.. ... .. -. -.-. . ... -.-. --- ..- - ... .-.-.- .. -.. --- -. - -.- -. --- .-- .. ..-. .. -.-. .- -. -. --- .-- .-.-.-

alamowest

Lurker
Nov 18, 2011
KF6WSR here, grid DM15. Ihave worked 44 states, over 300 grids on 6 meters (50 MHz). Ham radio is also something that takes time to nurture.

zenom

Lurker
Jan 23, 2016
This is an old post, but figured I would bring it back to life. I am a licensed Extra. NB8F.
I enjoy the pipe and the radio at night. Very fun and relaxing.

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
I have been thinking about doing this. There is a local disaster relief outfit that needs ham operators and will train, etc..
Are there any apps to listen to ham radio?

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
Are there any apps to listen to ham radio?

You don't need an app to listen to ham radio. You need a radio :)
Seriously, your best bet is to hook up with a local ham radio club. Go to the ARRL website (arrl.org) and click the link for clubs. Unless you live in Antarctica there's probably a club within reasonable distance of you. Those folks should be able to hook you up with licensing information and local public service communications activities. You'll learn much more from them, and much quicker, than on a pipe forum. Best of luck.

Jim

WA2MER

jefflee01

Might Stick Around
Mar 25, 2015
Leesburg, GA
We make contacts with other hams experiment with different aspects of electronics help out with disasters the list can go on and on. There are so many aspects of the hobby and it can be really fun talking to others with "100 watts and a wire."

Status
Not open for further replies.