London Mixture - Latakia is growing on me (and a grape or two)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Nobody smokes latakia blends because they smell good; we smoke 'em because we like the taste.

From time to time I see comments that seem to indicate that Latakia is for more experienced pipers or it is somewhat of an acquired taste or something along those lines. I'm not sure I agree with those opinions as I loved it the first time I tried it which was just a few weeks after I started piping.

The exception that proves the rule. Some folks like lat right out of the box, but the majority do not.
Pipe smoking is an exploration, a journey. You've found a new path, OP; enjoy.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
MM965 was my first lat blend. At first I was completely turned off by the tin note; now I love it. In the pipe, it was love at first char.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
London Mixture, IMO the finest Dunhill blend ever. It's the Orientals, not the Latakia forward taste that makes this my Dunhill Favorite. Personal preference is what it's all about. Enjoy.

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
About 5 minutes ago I got a tin of this with my BnB Groupon order :), looking forward to trying it!

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
Every time I light up another bowl of London Mixture I like it more and more. Mild, flavorful. It's the type of tobacco that could be smoked any time of day - or all day.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
Thank you for the kind words, Cortez! It is a journey and those who need to be satisfied, need to take a risk and experiment. I also agree with apatim... we should not leave "sex" out of the desire to satisfy!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Status
Not open for further replies.