PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

seabee1999

Might Stick Around
Sep 10, 2019
Norman, OK
My go to is the Tobacco Exchange (TE) in Moore, OK. They have 3 locations throughout the greater OKC metro. The one in Moore hosts a pipe club I’m a part of.

The TE in Edmond has a greater selection of tin tobaccos. The TE in Moore has an in house tobacconist who has blended some great house blends.

Reactions: Nevaditude

MGAOKC

Might Stick Around
Oct 2, 2022
OKC OK
I’m lucky we have Tobacco Exchange in the OKC metro area.
Three locations to pick from.
They are like most B & M’s, cigars.
Put they have a nice collection of bulk tobaccos.
Also carry tins and pipes.
Tins are limited but you should be able to find a good one on the shelf.
Pipes like Peterson, Savinelli, cobs and basket pipes.
I love the fact that the smokers in my area have the selection we do.

Last edited by a moderator:

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Traverse City ❤️

The only sad part is you can’t smoke pipes at Nolan’s 🥲
Yeah, that's a bummer, though the original owner had to jump through many bureaucratic hoops just to keep the cigar portion street-legal. It's worth it to me that I can grab a stick with my tins and down a pint or few; I do enjoy a Rocky or an R&J once in a while.

I love TC, too, though many moved here because they loved it for what it was, and now they're trying to make it more like where they moved from. Frustrating ...

Reactions: Nevaditude

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Yeah, that's a bummer, though the original owner had to jump through many bureaucratic hoops just to keep the cigar portion street-legal. It's worth it to me that I can grab a stick with my tins and down a pint or few; I do enjoy a Rocky or an R&J once in a while.

I love TC, too, though many moved here because they loved it for what it was, and now they're trying to make it more like where they moved from. Frustrating ...
Yeah that’s what they told me and I don’t blame them. They have to do what they can to stay afloat and it’s better that they continue to be around then not.

Regarding TC, it sadly seems to be happening to a lot of places.

AreBee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2024
Farmington, Connecticut USA
I visited Butthead’s Tobacco Emporium in Danbury, CT on Friday, which is about 45 mins from my house. I wasn’t sure what to expect from the goofy name and their website, but boy was I blown away. An absolute glut of quality premium cigars, pipes, tobacco and accessories. The owner Kevin took time to guide me in purchasing a pipe and some tobacco. He asked more questions than I did and never pressured me or tried to upsell me.

I am only 30 minutes from 4noggins B&M but after reading peoples’ experiences here with their customer service, I decided to make the longer trek. It was well worth it!

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
When i lived in San Diego Liberty Tobacco was great. Nothing really where i am in FL but that's ok i'd rather not pay crazy tax on pipe tobacco. I will go to a B & M to smoke a cigar now and then and I'll buy a cigar to throw in my box while smoking one of my own and of course buy beverages there as well.

Reactions: grand wazoo

SootLeaf

Lurker
Sep 18, 2022
Maryland
About as local as can be is a Davidus Cigars 1 block away from me for which I am very grateful. It's a smaller shop and obviously caters more to cigars than pipes but they do carry a rotating handful of different tins and they make a point to offer the limited run/small batch stuff when it rolls around. Nice to pop in for a couple sticks from time to time.

My favorite shop however is about 40 minutes away in Leesburg, VA called Leesburg Cigar & Pipe. A great selection of cigars, various smoking accesories, pipes, bulk tobacco and tins. I've seen Gawith, Mac Baren, C&D, SPC, Peterson, Capstan, and more on offer there. Never left without something good in hand. The general staff is very knowledgeable about cigars but the owner himself is very into pipes and pipe tobacco which was a breath of fresh air the first time I walked in. He was an absolute pleasure to talk to.