PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dooble

Lurker
Sep 21, 2014
Dear all,
This is my first post. So happy to finally partake in this amazing community!
Anyway as a vintage Cuban cigar aficionado, websites that list discontinued cigar brands and their discontinuation dates have become crucial for me in hunting aged Cubans.
Now I wonder is there any similar sites listing discontinued pipe tobaccos? I've already found a couple of sites selling vintage tobacco tins, but I'd like to expand my horizon a little.
Thanks so much, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Right now I am interested in anythin made in 2001 and before.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
dooble:
Greetings, and welcome aboard! Here you will find that the smoking lamp is always lit.
When you say, "...discontinued pipe tobaccos...," do you mean ones which are no longer manufactured, ones which are no longer imported into the United States, or both? Please clarify, as this will make a difference. Regardless, the list will be a LONG one.
Good Luck, and Good Smoking!

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
Here's a related question...which blends are rumored or expected to be discontinued?

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
TobaccoReviews.Com will probably be you best bet. Not sure if there is a way to separate the discontinued from available blends. But it has to be the most extensive list of tobacco on the Internet.

dooble

Lurker
Sep 21, 2014
huntertrw,
I mean those that are no longer manufactured. Of course even if a certain blend has been discontinued in 1998, for example, that does not mean it is still available.
Anyways thanks for the links. I'll have to do a lot of research, probably contact some tobacco distributors and maybe even manufacturers - not to mention browsing those endless pages of ebay...
Thank God there's always pipestud.com and also 4noggins.com .

Status
Not open for further replies.