PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
My local B&M has a house blend called Georgetown...It was my first aromatic smoke..I LOVE THE SMELL of that tobacco..it has either anise or licorce in it or both. Of course he will not tell me where he buys it from..I know that he does not blend it himself because when he is low he orders it for me. I know this don't help you but just saying there is a blend out there that you are looking for.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Altadis makes the following blends, though I've never seen them marketed direct to the public:

• Black Licorice - Chocolate flavored black tobacco topped with licorice. Almost good enough to eat.

Windsor 805 Match - A delicious all Black Cavendish flavored with licorice, chocolate, and walnut.

Skilling - Rejoice licorice lovers... Fire-cured Black and Virginia combine to make a sensational base.

Maybe a local B&M can order one of these; but they may not want to if they have to buy 5 lbs. at a time.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Anise is a herb that is very similar in taste to licorice and fennel. It is native to the Eastern Mediterranean area of the world. It is prevalent in Italian and other Mediterranean cooking as well as in the middle and far East. The seed is what is most commonly consumed.

stogie37

Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
Peretti Blend D-7485 is a fantastic light English (American?) blend. I just smoked some of this at the Chicago show and returned to talk with the blender about it. I asked him about the Anise note that drifts in and out of the smoke (very VERY pleasing) and he said that rather than a topnote, it is part of the Burley curing process. It is not forward at all, but unmistakeable.
You may be looking for something where the licorice element is more pronounced, however, I highly recommend This Blend.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
No worries Romanza10, I split an 8 oz bag with fellow Canadian Ichbinmuede. I will let you know how it is when the shipment arrives. I can mail you a little sample if you'd like.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Phil, how about doing a full blown review here and at LuxuryTobaccoReviews.com when you get the chance?

I think we would all appreciate your take on it since your other reviews form nice points of reference.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
Wow! I had no idea that there were so many options. Now I've been made two offers for samples, ohin3 is one and the other was PMed to me. I thank you all for you input. Once this is sorted out, I think I will probably end up with a new tobacco in my rotation.
ohin3 said: No worries Romanza10, I split an 8 oz bag with fellow Canadian Ichbinmuede. I will let you know how it is when the shipment arrives. I can mail you a little sample if you'd like.
Sure, I down with it. Just let me know when you are ready and let me know what details you will need.

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
Yea, Mixture 79 would be the one... just hold your nose whilst you puff! Just kidding, in its day it was an extremely popular full aromatic. It's still out there, so it does have a following.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Status
Not open for further replies.