PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
Can someone recommend a good anis licorice flavored aromatic? Do they exist?

jimbo69

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2014
I've not run across one, but the 'My Own Blend' at P&C offers a Sambuca flavored tobacco for blending.
I made 8oz about a month ago (still have ageing) with:

1oz Latakia

2oz Red VA

2oz Toasted Burley

3oz Sambuca
It smelled divine, and in another month or so am going to taste it :)
-James

snagstangl

Lifer
Jul 1, 2013
Iowa, United States
I cant reccomend a "good" one but sutliff's great outdoors has that flavor. I have only had a couple but the anise flavor reminds me of mixture 79. If you want some great outdoors pm me and I will send it to you.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I'll second Sutliff's Great Outdoors. Our club just received a shipment of this and it has had a lot of interest here and in the UK for our member there.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Don't sneer at good old Mixture 79. It's been around for many years. The leaves get a thorough immersion in a licorice solution, and this blend might just have the case you're looking for.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
P&C's Classic Burley Kake has an anise flavor. It doesn't mention it on the website but it does in their latest catalog and I can also attest to personal experience that it does.

natenice1

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2014
Jimbo I did a little different aro twist on that, the Sambuca is pungent though.
3 oz of Toasted Black Cavendish

2 oz of Sambuca

1 oz of blending Perique

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Esoterica Tobacciana - Blackpool, Ramsgate, and Woodbridge all have licorice flavoring.
J F Germaine Plumcake tastes like something related to the family of dark spices: fennel, caraway seed, anise, licorice, etc. – with hints of something medicinal in the background. I don’t find anything plum-like about it – except that the flavor is, well, “dark”.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
All of the aforementioned blends have anise flavoring and are very tasty IMO. Uhle's Tobacco Company also makes a burley blend #255 with liquorice flavoring that is superb. Good luck in your choices they are also some of my favorites.

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
Not an aromatic perhaps, but Peter Heinrich's Dark Strong Flake (née Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky) has a licorice topping.
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/1809/peter-heinrichs-dark-strong-flake

Status
Not open for further replies.