PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
What I liked and are regular stock items for me
SG Commonwealth, half Lat and half VA, and it's very smooth. Very smokey and leathery but not bitter
PS Balkan Supreme, lots of Lat and Turkish
Balkan Sasieni, another very nice blend with Lat and Turkish, and fairly light
Fairmorn's Lancer Slices, Lat and VA in flake form
SG Balkan Flake, somewhat of a misnomer since it's just Lat and VA in flake form ( Balkan usually implies Lat and Turkish but we won't get that discussion started again )
SG Squadron Leader .... Turkish, some Lat and VA
PS English Luxury .... Turkish, Lat, VA, and some cavendish and burley to lighten the fare
THE Legendary Penzance
SPC Plum Cake
Pembroke
GLP Westminster
....... and others I have tried but did not care for .... :puffy:

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
+1 to Squadron Leader, H&H Larry's Blend, Maclelland's Legends, Peter Stokkebye Balkan Supreme and the Frog Morton's (On the Town and Across the Pond)
I will add in SHCP Great Hiatus and SPC Plum Pudding, the latter being heavier on the latakia.
Esoterica Penzance was too strong, too much latakia for me.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
H&H Black House

H&H Magnum Opus

PS Balkan Supreme

McClelland 3 Oaks Syrian

Frog Morton on the Bayou

Baron Samedi Midnight Plug (Shawn622)

oldpops41

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2012
I really like blue mountain and margate and i just got my Boswell order and the Countryside is a wonderful mild one.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
Ten to midnite to me is a killer. Tops even penzance IMHO. I also love Black House and Cerberus.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
There are lots of good Latakia blends out there and I keep several here. Among my favorites are Frog Morton's Cellar, Frog Morton on the Town, Boswell's Northwoods and Magnum Blend, H&H Larry's Blend, and C&D Plantation Evening. I'm waiting on some of Russ Oullette's Black House and hope it gets here this week.

Smokey

cleidophoros

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 12, 2012
Peter Stokkebye Balkan Supreme is my everyday tobacco. Superb latakia mixture, smokey, salty, sweet; full of flavours. Medium to strong, I just wish it had a bit more nicotine.

Billy Bud is another story. Lots of latakia and a bit of cigar leaf. A strong one.

I blend this with an equal amount of Frog Morton and the result is almost excellent, if only it burned a bit better.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Latakia yum, let's see c&d pirate kake, ten Russians, hu tobacco fayyum kake, Samuel gawith commonwealth and squadron leader, penzance fresh aged it becomes more oriental forward IMO, blue mountain, margate, the H&H marquee series has a lot of good ones with Latakia and orientals, STP celebrated bengal slices has a good mixture of Latakia not a real lat bomb though, spc plum pudding, tsuge has the god series that has some good Latakia based blends as well, drew estates meat pie, uhles bishops move. Had to edit almost forgot go pease gas light and quiet nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.