PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
bentmike, they really are very special pipes. Once you smoke one you will understand people's desire to own them. They smoke as well as pipes costing 3-5 times more.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I christened the new Rad with a little Dunhill DNR this morning. First time with this blend and it was delicious. I had a very pleasant smoke. Once again Rad really outdid himself. I am extremely happy with this one! :puffy:
null_zpsdf0df716.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Chris, excellent choice to break in your new Rad. If you smoke that puppy with the DNR every other day for 3 weeks, you will be amazed at how much cake develops in such a short time. On all my Rad's I get cake developing after only 3 bowls, the flakes just cling to the surface. It also develops a real hard cake as well. Glad to hear you love how it smokes, I am sure it is a pleasure to clench at that weight. After I am done with a bowl, I let it sit over night and then take a fluffy cleaner and wipe the inside of the bowl and also do my regular cleaning. I think that letting it sit over night helps the cake to cling and harden better than if you were to wipe it down the same day after it has cooled. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Cool. I will try that Harris. I usually wipe the bowl down after my smoke. Thanks for the tip!

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Chris
Magnificent! Good luck with that one.
I usually wipe the inside of the bowl with a fluffy after I smoke; I never thought of waiting a day.
I'll try that.
BTW, I like the black stain, despite with Roth says :)
Allan

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Haha thanks Allan. I have a few Tan Blast Rads that Roth approves of and I like them a lot. There something about Rad's Black Blast that do it for me though. My next one in the works is a Double Mohoghany Blast that looks really nice on a pipe. I really like all is Rad's stains though.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I have a ritual similar to Harris. I don't like a heavy cake and wipe out the bowl with a paper towel after every smoke. However on new pipes (or reamed estates), I smoke a few bowls and before dumping out the ash I work the ash with my tamper until it is super fine and make sure the entire bowl is coated good. Then I blow out the bowl thru the stem. After the three bowls, then I start the paper towel wiping process. That seems to start a good cake quickly.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I have a ritual similar to Harris. I don't like a heavy cake and wipe out the bowl with a paper towel after every smoke. However on new pipes (or reamed estates), I smoke a few bowls and before dumping out the ash I work the ash with my tamper until it is super fine and make sure the entire bowl is coated good. Then I blow out the bowl thru the stem. After the three bowls, then I start the paper towel wiping process. That seems to start a good cake quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.