PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drezz01

Can't Leave
Dec 1, 2014
Scanning them! Why didn't I think of that! I've been using a lighter to melt the adhesive and painstakingly (sometimes literally when I end up leaving the lighter on a bit too long) peeling the labels off of the tin lids - hoping not to rip them. Then, because they aren't very flat, I've been pasting them to thin card, tracing them and cutting.
NQUhDwM.jpg

It's nice to use the original label but your method seems infinitely easier and less prone to failure.

I do this, but with a spin. I rename all of the blends in my cellar. Latakias get named after may favorite cartoon characters, and Virginias and VaPers get named after fictional characters from Southern literature, and aromatics get named after 80's hair bands. Then I put a picture on each that has nothing to do with the blend or the name. Usually just whatever picture happens to have been the last image taken in my phone. It keeps things interesting and is great for avoiding brand loyalty. I hate brand loyalty. It's up there with fandom, sportsball teams, and nationalism.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I cut and paste the jpg from the internet and tape on the sides, not the top. It makes it a little easier to re-use.
Cosmic:

A "friend" brought me a pound of coffee from a stay in Alaska. I had a name for it based on its flavor, Moose Poop.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
My sweetie brought me a pound of coffee from Spring Training—(Scottsdale in this case.) Yeeech! It's not up to the level of moose scat. But I need to come up with an appropriate name.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
Those are GOOD looking!

There is some real talent on this board!
Plugugly

Status
Not open for further replies.