PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
I posted this review on TR.com a few years ago:
This blend came highly recommended to me so I purchased four oz. to see if it really matched the reports. I'm happy to say that it does. PS has a nice wine-like scent in the pouch that makes one look forward to smoking it. It lights easily and stays lit with a minimum of relights.
The taste is excellent, the slightly sweet tang of the three VAs balanced perfectly by the Perique in the blend. It's very rare for a tobacco to be this perfectly proportioned and shows just how skilled a blender Robert Peretti is, surely he is one of the world's finest. The only blemish on this fine tobacco is that prices have risen quite a bit. To be fair, this is an industry-wide trend, but at $45/lb. PS is an expensive tobacco.
Scores for PS: 18 out of 20 for taste; 9 out of 10 for burn; 7 out of 10 for value. 34 points makes Park Square a solid **** tobacco and another in a long line of winners for L.J. Peretti.
Smokey

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
Thanks for the compliment on the review, Mark. Park Square has actually gone up a little more since I posted that review, I think it's about $52/lb. now. You can buy smaller quantities if you'd like to try it. I'd send you some but I'm getting pretty low myself. If I make another order, I'll see if I can't get you a sample.
Smokey

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Excellent blend for sure and Mass. residents pay another 25% tax on top of that price. Ordering from out of state is the way to go. Like I always say, tobacco will never be less expensive than it is now, taxes never go down!!! Time to cellar a few pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.