PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2012
Krumble Kakes for me are the perfect way to begin the ceremony. Just wondering if you guys could let me know the baccys you've tried that are Krumble Kakes. I've got the Captain Earle's and Pirate Kake.

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
My only beef with krumble kakes is that I get a good eighth- to a quarter-ounce of dust left in the bottom of a tin and can't figure out how to crumble it so that doesn't happen.
I hate to think I lose a pipe's worth of tobacco with every tin.
(Yes, I'm cheap.) :)

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I liked the Anniversary Kake quite a bit. But not a choice I make often it a special thing I reach for when I need to "cleanse the palette".

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
H&H's Ten to Midnight, Bow Legged Bear, Briar Fox, both Longevitys and many of the Hermits are all favorite KKs. They are different than plugs, coins, flakes, ropes and twists in preparation. As for the dust, I just use that on the next tin as tinder on top to facilitate the lighting.
hp

les

Aug 10, 2012
Thanks for the education. I've been thinking of SPC Plum Pudding. I haven't tried any Hearth & Home's and have a few on the list to try. They seem a quality tobacco from reading here. Nice to learn there's a good mix of kakes out there. I do enjoy the heavy englishers, but am a rookie and want to learn about others.

drift away boys

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
I never have that much, but what I do is pack the tobacco in the bowl, tilt the tin and put a pinch or two of the "dust" on top of the tobacco. Makes lighting the bowl a bit easier and the "dust" is gone by the time I get to the bottom of the tin.
Thanks!

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
For Lat-Bombs, Ten Russians has yet to be beat. I haven't tried everything under the sun, but it is by far the stinkiest (a good Latakia stink, that is) one I've had. It also packs a pretty decent sized Nicotine wallop.
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.