Kramer's Pipe Tobacco-new product or old?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarfriar

Can't Leave
If you like English blends Father Dempsey is one of the best. If you come to Beverly Hills you should definitely visit the shop.
I just smoked a big bowl of Father Dempsey's in a Neerup. What a wonderful mixture!
A very full and rich English that is extremely smooth. At first blush, I'd rank it alongside those Esoterica blends we love so much. Really amazing.
Jay

kylef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2018
Cape Ann, MA USA
I tried a tin of Blend for Danny Kaye with the recent SP sale, and I also added some more bulk Blend for Cary Grant.
As I'm now a few years into my pipe-smoking journey, I find myself increasingly drawn to American English blends, or Aromatic English, or whatever you call them. Basically, the old-school mildly aromatic blends with just a touch of Latakia.
I don't have a strong opinion about Latakia in general, but I'm finding that I really like it as a minor component in a sweeter blend, but not so much when it's a major player.
Blend for Cary Grant is right up my alley.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I live close to the shop and it is a very nice old style tobacconist. If you like English blends Father Demspsey is one of the best. If you come to Beverly Hills you should definitely visit the shop.
Just in case anyone new is about to go to the LA area and try to go there, they closed shop about a year ago. Sad to say. And the Tinder Box is gone, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.