PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Coreios

Lifer
Sep 23, 2022
United States Of America
lol I didn't know where to put this because I didn't want anyone to go to pipe repair and try this. Although I'm sure someone already has.

Experimented with Koolaid as a dye solution when I was making my son Koolaid and couldn't get the red stain off my hands. I just wanted to see how it would do and look. I mean it's just food coloring. First off it looks great. Yes the outside smells like Cult Blood Moon. No the tobacco doesn't. It didn't come off when the bowl got warm. I even hot boxed it. I do think the smell will leave. You can only smell it up close to your nose. Anyways here's my Koolaid pipe I'm sippin tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_20240117_175301172_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240117_175301172_HDR.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Koolaid.. That brings back some found memories. First summer in US, I went to a summer camp, day camp. Drank crap load of Koolaid, and matching amount of olive oil based tuna salad. I still prefer olive oil based tuna salad. I need to make some tomorrow.

• Love
Reactions: Coreios

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Yeah, I bought one. I don't want a missing year in the SPD collection. If Peterson comes out with a lime green Kool Aid SPD next year, I'll buy one. I'm glad they're cheap.
Do you have it in hand?
Are you pleased?
I like some components but what do you think of the ferrule now in look / feel / whatever?
Thumbs up or down on that regard, notwithstanding your desire to have an uninterrupted series?
Thanks.