PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
Has anyone tried the King Frog Morton tobacco. It says its like the McClellan, but I want to know is which one is it similar to,and how close to the discontinued McClellan FM.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I believe dmcmtk may be able to chime in on this one. He directed me toward it a few months back. I have yet to try it but if I remember correctly he had a favorable opinion. All I can tell you at this point is that it looks slightly different, and smells a little milder in the jar. They have a red VA they claim to be a 5100 match as well. Intrigued but trying to tamp down my TAD.

Reactions: thebigragu

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
I think someone in my pipe club said it's supposed to be like cellar but side by side looks heavier on the latakia..

M

Marindas

I too am curious about the King's Frog Morton match blend. My replacement for FM/FMC is to mix 2 parts Angry Cornishman by The Country Squire to 1 part Northwoods by Boswell's. I would not call this a match blend, it just helps me not miss FMC as much... ;) I have some Shepherds Pie in the cellar that I need to go back and try again.

lloydcole

Lurker
Jun 20, 2019
I thought Kings was OK... but not good enough to cellar. But my FM favourites were/are CTP and OTT, which were both Syrian based... so maybe I'm the wrong guy...

boffosquid

Might Stick Around
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton
I've laid in this product from King's and shared with two buddies who are familiar with the dearly departed McClelland's Frog Morton - I and they are quite pleased with the blend.

Reactions: thebigragu
Status
Not open for further replies.