buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
looks like a dress to me. know if i had good lookin legs maybe.not :mrgreen:

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
When I wear Mine I go traditional about 90% of the time. I judge by the amount of children that will be around. If it is a very kid friendly event I am all boxers, if it is mainly adult I let them hang free.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
I wear mine traditionally 100% of the time, I am rarely around kids, so that's a plus.

i've wanted a utilikilt for awhile but i am just too damned cheap. but my mom is a sewing maniac and i think that while i am back at home for awhile i am going to be sitting down with her and make a couple.

jasongone I found this, may be helpful.

collindow

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
DAMN, Jules, the D3s launch! Wish I'd taken a looksee at this thread earlier. That camera is my one ambition in life. I'd give up a toe from both feet to own one with a single good lens.

Edit: On topic, I'm not big on the kilt. I like wearing pants, by God!

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
That camera is my one ambition in life. I'd give up a toe from both feet to own one

The wife has one, she also loves it. When it's time for her to upgrade, 2-3x a year, want me to let you know? I am missing one toe from each foot, and would give a Nikon D3 to replace them :wink:

johnnyrebel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2010
Im a little late, but i'd like to say im glad you were only doing a heelflip and not working on street plants. :lol:

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
"jasongone I found this, may be helpful."
thanks. when i was reading this thread at work i was looking stuff up and that was the first i came across. looks like something mom should be able to show me with her eyes closed.

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Haha I really got a great kick out of that song. On the topic of kilts I've gotten it in my head that I'd really like to make myself a kilt with a proper tartan. But being without a clan (well unless you count the small amount of MacFarlane that I am) I want to use the NWT tartan being raised up there and all but it seems that it's nigh impossible to get. Even sites that have the tartan of about everything other province don't have the NWT stuff. :(

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
I may just! That is when I'm feeling good enough with my sewing ability to be comfortable spending that kind of money. :lol:

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Haha only if I plan to drink myself silly. But then again the spirits would take away my cares at being exposed. Nah I'd rather not have my man tackle exposed. :lol:

julesholling

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2011
Sutton, Surrey
Hey Colin and Marmalade, yea I'm pretty lucky. Love Photography and I work for Nikon so I get to play with cameras all day.

D3s is always my choice when I borrow a camera. Far more versatile than the D3X :)
Back on topic though and it's good to see that quite a few guys keep traditional lol

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Hey Colin and Marmalade, yea I'm pretty lucky. Love Photography and I work for Nikon so I get to play with cameras all day.

D3s is always my choice when I borrow a camera. Far more versatile than the D3X

My wife loves her D3S, she says its the best camera she's had since her D70s. I think they're both too big, and too heavy. I'll take the shitty camera on the back of my iphone any day.

briarcub73

Lurker
May 11, 2010
I never thought I'd try on a kilt, let alone wear one every day (thanks to the rather relaxed dress code at my office ;-) ) I tried on my first Utilikilt last year on the Friday before Memorial day at an event in Chicago and it has led to a dozen more since then.
I've got a few Utilikilt 'Mockers' I generally wear to work, but, much like pipes, they're good to 'rotate' for the occasion--I even wore the red Workman to the St. Louis pipe show (and thanks again Kevin for getting that photo!)
On the other hand, cries from the other half of 'Do you *really* *need* another pipe?' have given way to 'Do you *really* *need* another kilt?!' but that's a completely different thread altogether, LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.