PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
It's been a while since I smoked this mixture. Years in fact. I opened a tub of this yesterday, and was surprised at how good it is.
Last night I sat down with some Cognac and had a pipe full. It was tasty, mellow and more flavorful than I remember.
It says on the tub that it's composed of Turkish, Perique, White Burley, Carolina and Virginia Brights.
I tasted the Va/ Perique more than the Burly, which was strange since this is supposed to be Burley centric, but it was very good actually.
I tried it again tonight with the same results. thankfully I have a whole tub to get reacquainted.
The plastic tub kept the tobacco at the proper humidity and it was not dried out. It must be 5 years since I opened it the fist time.
I wonderful way to start the new year.

Attachments

• P1130082.JPG
    P1130082.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 18
  • P1130080.JPG
    P1130080.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 17
  • P1130081.JPG
    P1130081.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 17

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
My Grandpa who will be 100 this year, only smoked Kentucky Club Aromatic. He told me it was like having after dinner dessert. I bought some after him telling me about it. Honestly I couldn't stand it. There's too many tobaccos in play. I still have a couple jars in the basement.