PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I have enough pictures hers that I am going to break this post into two parts.
We opened the doors to the vendors at 7AM so they could go in get ready. I have no idea what went on then becuase I wouldn't get up at 7AM for the Second Coming let some pipe vendors.
Below is a shot of the Coffee Station. I have had people at shows yell at me about there not being enough coffee available and yet feel insulted if you wish for them to pay for it. "Pay for coffee!" they say. Go down to Starbucks get a large coffee and multiply by 8 or ten to get an idea what most places charge foe a gallon of coffee. The Argosy does a nice job in their set up. For your $XX per gallon they set a nice stand, with regular coffee, some decaf, hot water, and teabags as well a water and ice. And they keep it stocked.
Sat%20-%201_zpsvfzn26l7.jpg
[/url][/img]
Now a lot of things go on at a pipe show and it really takes a team of people to put this on. I apologize if I miss anyone because your help really mattered, but in addition to the Show Committee (Carl Staudenmyer, Bill Miller, Jay Roberts, Walt McKenzie and Quinton Wells) we received excellent assistance during the show from (in no particular order) Auggie Augspurg, Vlad Jirinic, Fletcher Hiner, Eric Moore, Larry Humphries, Steve Butler, George Dibos, Dan Weddle, and Chris Parish.
In addition to all the pipes and tobaccos the show has a significant silent auction, a pipe smoking clinic geared to the beginning or struggling smoker, a pipe refurb/repair seminar hosted by one of America's premier pipe repairmmen, a major discount on mani/pedis in the Argosy Spa, and a great Banquet Saturday evening. There is a cash bar at the Banquet and in the smoking test.
Anyway on with the photos.
Here is Judd Perlson of Judd's Pipes and Pens.

Sat%20-%202%20Judd_zpsxeyv38it.jpg
[/url][/img]
The Missouri Meerschaum tables.

Sat%20-%203%20MM_zpsjf2ygtsu.jpg
[/url][/img]
Former club president John Cermak with current club president Carl Staudenmyer.

Sat%20-%204%20Carl%20amp%20John_zps1n53jzmc.jpg
[/url][/img]
Auggie Augspurg.

Sat%20-%205%20Auggie_zpsyu6wbup7.jpg
[/url][/img]
Here's a new carver out of Oklahoma who had a really impressive display of pipes. We will be hearing more from him.

Sat%20-%206%20Kent%20Joyce_zps8yxvcjxt.jpg
[/url][/img]
Bobby Owens looking over Cam Schutte's table while Rev. Rolf talks to Cam.

Sat%20-%207%20Cam%20Rolf%20Bobby_zpsdu9ydcqh.jpg
[/url][/img]
Steve Monjure who has been a major presence at the show for years.

Sat%201X%20-%20Monjure_zpsbg8jl60z.jpg
[/url][/img]
Here is one of my favorite carvers, Jesse Jones. He now works for Premal Chheda at Smokers Havne.

Sat%20-%209%20Jesse_zpsgynn3kin.jpg
[/url][/img]
Waymon Gott, Max Capps (back turned) and Eric Todd.

Sat%20-%2010%20Gott%20Todd_zps7cgb6txc.jpg
[/url][/img]
Carver James Deschaine.

Sat%20-%2010%20Gott%20Todd_zps7cgb6txc.jpg
[/url][/img]
Anthony Harris "laying on hands" to some poor sinner.

Sat%20-%2011%20Anthony_zpscggwtphv.jpg
[/url][/img]
Anthony Harris display which won the Best Display award.

Sat%20-%2012%20Anthonys%20Table_zpse9akssyu.jpg
[/url][/img]
Nate King setting up the Briar Lab Display. Nate was one of the winning carvers in the Carving Contest. He also won last year.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Actually here is the photo of Jim Deschaine.

Steve Monjure has been a long time supporter of our show.

Sat%201X%20-%20Monjure_zpsbg8jl60z.jpg
[/url][/img]
Bobby Owens looking over the pipes while Cam Schutte and Rev. Rolf chat.

Sat%20-%207%20Cam%20Rolf%20Bobby_zpsdu9ydcqh.jpg
[/url][/img]
Here is Kent Joyce. I had never heard of him before but he makes a really nice pipe.

Sat%20-%206%20Kent%20Joyce_zps8yxvcjxt.jpg
[/url][/img]

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I am getting all jacked up on this pictures and it is not helping that site keeps timing me out without as much as "Hey, Buddy". I have lost at least 25 photo uploads that way. There has to be a better way.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I am getting all jacked up on this pictures and it is not helping that site keeps timing me out without as much as "Hey, Buddy". I have lost at least 25 photo uploads that way. There has to be a better way.
----------
Get everything arranged first and separately as a document (I have a Mac so use TextEdit), then when finished just copy and paste the whole shebang.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
I see at least 3 Reverse Calabash Wasps on that MM table. I gotta say, that hurts. I've been wanting one, as I understand it some lucky people got more than one, now I see 3 on the table, and I stay on the hopeless waiting list for someone to cancel their order. This hurts, really
They weren't selling the Reverse Calabashes, only taking names for the waiting list.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
PS --- This photo hosting site is the best I've found. No muss, no fuss, no ads, and it's fast:
http://imgur.com/

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
More great photos, thank you. Looks like a very well organized show. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.