PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

GrampaJoseph

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2024
Sacramento, California
Reviewer's Perspective: My palate is still coming from the "home base" of Aromatics! Lots of aromatics in big bowls! Then, complex aged English/Balkan/Oriental as treasured treats in small(er) bowls, and straight Virginia (plus VaPer/Va-Ky/Va-Burley) as a growing acquired taste and sort of "neutral baseline". The closest thing to a "Lat Bomb" that I have in my current rotation is G. L. Pease Abingdon or Ashton Artisan's Blend.

I was hovering over the order button waiting for this to come out. Mine might have been bundled with the first shipment out the door. I jarred it as soon as it arrived, but wasn't patient enough to let it age 6 months. Just HAD to taste it fresh.
096A16FD-03F1-4421-B38E-12DE440542A2.jpeg
So, how was it?

Ha, ha! ...well ...remember the scene in "Back to the Future" where Marty discovers the amp Doc made for him, and just HAS TO TRY IT? He knows better, but just can't help himself??? ...yeah ...that! 😜😳🤯🙃 Lat bomb experiment super-sized and turned up to 11. A day later, I still taste it. 😎
391D4DBB-A032-45FC-A3EE-A5FA8554F43D_4_5005_c.jpeg
As far as the RUSTICA goes, a different analogy applies. I think that having a full bowl, for my current vitamin-N tolerance, was like having my own pipe-sized roller-coaster. I managed to stay on my feet when I got off, but can't handle two rides back to back.

Double dog dare ya! Ha, ha!

Last edited:

GrampaJoseph

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2024
Sacramento, California
FOOTNOTE: "Double dog dare ya!" ...as the ending line of my review was intended more as a "rating" - as in "Recommended" vs "Highly Recommended" vs "I dare you to try it because it sure kicked my a$$". I thought the third option better fit my experience and the general gist of the blend's likely audience.
While I did ALSO get a kick out of the "HH Rustica in Magnums" response, I want to make it clear that I wasn't attempting to invite comparison between blends or smokers. It's a review, for Pete's sake, my first one, ever. And it got photo-bombed by another blend. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Another point of clarification: Götz is a ridiculously Latakia heavy English blend, fortified with Rustica. It is not an aged Virginia like HH Rustica. The only similarity is that they both contain Rustica, presumably the one with Rustica in the name has more. But, not necessarily. I own and have smoked both. Both are strong. But, they're definitely NOT trying to be the same thing.