PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Search on Site

Recent Posts

npod

Preferred Member
Jun 11, 2017
Who won this year's Kansas City Pipe Carver Event for the Prince? What about the 7 day set? I can't find any information online.

timt

Preferred Member
Jul 19, 2018
Winners of the Carvers Contest...
Jesse Jones

Brandon Brooks

Jeremiah Sandahl

Micah Cryder

Abe Herbaugh

Scottie Piersel

Walt Hettinger

timt

Preferred Member
Jul 19, 2018
I did attend the show but I copied the info from a post that forum member georged posted on another site. Something cool I learned while attending the show is that Jeremiah Sandahl lives a short distance from me in MN. He's a really nice guy and invited me to check out his shop. I know if I go, I'm likely to spend some money.

npod

Preferred Member
Jun 11, 2017
I follow Jeremiah on Instagram. He is doing work work. Love his daily stories.
I am kinda surprised that Nate King's Prince with blue stem didn't make the cut. That is honestly one of the finest pipes I've ever seen.

georged

Preferred Member
Mar 7, 2013
Several of those pipes aren’t Princes to my eyes.
Only well executed pipes can win the KC contest. No exceptions. (Anything less would just be a sketch / drawing competition.)

georged

Preferred Member
Mar 7, 2013
So it’s the best seven Pipes, not the seven best Princes?
No.
Being well executed is required... not the "whole contest."
Meaning those are the seven entries which were the CLOSEST to princes AND well executed.

philobeddoe

Preferred Member
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Sort of....it’s just, if it were an apple pie competition and some people showed up with beautiful, perfectly made cherry pies, I don’t see how they could even be considered for an apple pie competition.