Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddazes

Might Stick Around
Sep 26, 2010
50,000 words in one month.
...so if I am dead silent all November... that is why... I will be sitting at my computer trying to bash my head in with the key board and come up with something that resembles a work of writing. ^_^

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Been doing that myself. Trying to get the notes for three books sorted out enough to get started at the hard part. Making them sound logical.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Good luck Reddazes.

I produced about that much when I was working on my MBA.

A thousand words everyday 7 days a week plus 5 thousand additional due on Fridays for 841 consecutive days. That's about 901,000 words total, or 34654 words a month for 2 years 2 months, or 1155 words every day.

It's a long haul.... I have a hint for you...

If you have long fingernails.... cut'em short.

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
I'm doing my third NaNo this year. So I'll be going somewhat quieter for the month. I look forward to November like kids look forward to Christmas, except mine is 30 days long.
Simon

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Never heard of this till now, but I may have to partake. I have been writing stream of consciousness surreal short stories for years and have always threatened to get serious about it.

reddazes

Might Stick Around
Sep 26, 2010
Yey! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I've been trying to get into it for years and just never succeeded, but this year I am going to try.
And don't worry Pstlpkr, my job insures that, should I ever desire to grow my nails out, i fail miserably.lol

reddazes

Might Stick Around
Sep 26, 2010
I have SUCCEEDED! 53,469 words and two stories completely roughed out from start to finish! I tried to kill myself doing it of course. My word count hovered at about 22,000 for six days...and then in the last two days I have spent every spare second ((and even some non spare ones)) writing like the devil was on my door. I went to bed at 1am and got up at 3am today just to write.
...Now it is over...and I am going to go pass out. Tomorrow I shall celebrate with a victory smoke of my Peterson...perhaps with the "Something Else" blend we picked up... hmmmm yes, I think that sounds like a satisfactory victory day... maybe even some hard apple cider to go along with it.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Congratulations! Major accomplishment. I've only had one item published,

and it made me appreciate what an old sports reporter once said:
Writing is easy, you just sit down at the typewriter and open a vein.

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
Congrats, reddazes! I, too, crossed the 50k mark: 55464 words. My novel isn't complete, though. I bit off a larger story this year. December to finish it, and I'm going to spend time in 2011 editing.
Simon

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Congratulations to all you NaNoWriMo-ers! My mom was going to do that, but I heard nothing of it since the end of October, so methinks she didn't make it. Oh well, there is next year. I know I couldn't do it, especially with my computer having internet. Too many distractions.
We're looking forward to more posts from you, so start smokin' and postin'!
-Jason

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
My novel is science fiction, with a female main character who was dying. Her husband arranges for an experimental recording of her brain. She then wakes up far, far away in the distant future, where her genome and brain pattern have be reconstituted into a force-grown body. Lots of stuff follows from there, complete with questions of: who is she now? what else is possible? and what the heck has happened in the meantime?
Right now it's pretty rough, but I have a feeling it will polish up well.
Simon

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
I know I couldn't do it, especially with my computer having internet. Too many distractions.
That's why I use a 1962 Underwood. I tried posting to the PM forums once from it, and the page layout was all broken. :-P
Simon

reddazes

Might Stick Around
Sep 26, 2010
I ended up doing 2 different stories. My genre of choice is Urban Fantasy so I just stuck with it.
1. Is set in a small town with a Female shape-shifter as the main character, but alternating view points between 3 characters. One of them does something stupid and manages to wake up Wraith that had been imprisoned a long time ago....much bad ensues and an epic battle must take place. Can't say too much more with out giving away all of it....
2. I took the challenge to write a story in first person, I don't like doing it, but it's turning out well. The gist of it is that the main character is an average everyday person, just trying to get by and make ends meet. And then she finds a zombie in her basement and get's thrown into a world of preternatural craziness. The way it turned out that story might end up being 3 separate ones...just cause it is so faced paced and SOO much happens.
....if you couldn't tell I'm not great at summarizing things... lol

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
Resurrecting this thread. After all, we are three days into the month. I am participating for the fourth time this year. Got a caper going on, with some mechanics, a banker, his wife, their lovers, a drug ring and an undercover cop. I can't wait to see how this turns out…
Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.