Jim's Seattle Pipe Club Christmas Spirit 2023 Review.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
This goes on sale at Smoking Pipes sometime on Wednesday.

The Cyprian Latakia produces an abundance of smoke, earth, wood, floralness, herbs, vegetation, and mild spice as a lead component although its role is lessened by the combination of the Orientals and perique. The sun cured Orientals offer plenty of earth, wood, floralness, spice, herbs, incense, vegetation, dry sourness, and some buttery sweetness. They strongly compete for the lead. The same is true for the perique, whose aspects are a lot of spice, dried plums, figs, raisins, earth, wood, and mild floralness. The stoved and red Virginias provides a fair amount of fermented tangy ripe dark and stewed fruits, tart and tangy citrus, sugar, bread, grass, earth, wood, mild floralness, spice, barbecue and light salt. They are a couple of steps behind the perique. The sugary, creamy black cavendish is a couple of slots above the condiment line. The apple brandy mildly tones down the tobaccos. The strength and taste are a couple of rungs short of the center of medium to strong. The nic-hit is not far behind them. Won’t bite or get harsh. It has a few small rough edges. This mildly moist plug easily breaks apart, and as usual, I did not dry it. Well balanced and subtly complex, it burns cool, clean and slow with a mostly consistent spicy, tangy sweet, fruity, smoky, floral, sour, mildly creamy, savory, deeply rich flavor that extends to the pleasantly lingering after taste. The room note is a bit stronger. Leaves little moisture in the bowl, and requires some relights. Not an all day smoke, but it is repeatable. Three and a half stars rounded up to four.
©Jim Amash 2023.

Puffaluffaguss

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 30, 2021
The City Different
I want to get some but my frugality is fighting me back, and that only comes into play on thing I feel I don't absolutely want so we shall see. How many tins were made if anybody can let me know I'd be highly appreciative

Reactions: jbfrady

Relax62

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2023
Texas
I do really enjoy SPC Bourbon Barrel Plumb Pudding and although its a little pricey also, I do treat myself every now and then.

When I saw the Christmas blend release… I immediately thought… no way will I spend that much! I complained to my wife about the cost and she surprised me with a tin for Christmas (along with a Savinelli 2023 Saint Nicholas bent billiard. I must say WOW, it’s very interesting and while it’s not my favorite blend (thank goodness due to the cost), I really, really, REALLY, enjoy this blend. I will buy a couple a year as a change of pace, as well as a treat for myself.

EMP27

Lurker
Oct 15, 2023
Even though it is pricey, I went for it and picked up a tin. I smoked a few bowls and enjoyed this blend before I contracted the Bubonic Plague over the holidays.