Jim's C&D Warped: The Haunting Crumble Cake (Small Batch) Review.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
This goes on sale October 4 at 10 a.m. EST.

The year 2020 AA grade Dominican Criollo cigar leaf provides an abundance of peat, earth, cedar, floralness, leather, some vegetative grass, smoke, herbs, mild tea and coffee, sourness, mild tart citrus, spice, and a few butter notes as the lead component. The year 2019 Canadian bright Virginia offers some tart citrus, sour lemon, grass, floralness, vegetation, spice, mild sugar and light acidity. It play a secondary support role. Just ahead of the condiment line is the year 2017 and 2019 red Virginias. They produce some tangy dark fruit, earth, wood, mild citrus, sugar, light grass and spice. The strength and taste levels start out as medium, and both aspects get more potent before the half way mark. At their peak, they reach the center of medium to strong. The nic-hit is a step behind that. Won’t bite or get harsh. Sports a mild roughness. This easily broken apart crumble cake is mildly moist, and I saw no need to dry it. Burns cool, clean, and a tad slow with a consistent savory, sour and mildly sweet, rather floral, smoky, lightly bitter flavor that extends to the moderately lingering after taste. The room note is pungent. Barely leaves any dampness in the bowl, and requires a couple more than an average number of relights. Not an all day smoke, but it is repeatable. It is stronger and mildly more fermented than the original version. Three stars.

fishmansf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 29, 2022
PNW
This goes on sale October 4 at 10 a.m. EST.

The year 2020 AA grade Dominican Criollo cigar leaf provides an abundance of peat, earth, cedar, floralness, leather, some vegetative grass, smoke, herbs, mild tea and coffee, sourness, mild tart citrus, spice, and a few butter notes as the lead component. The year 2019 Canadian bright Virginia offers some tart citrus, sour lemon, grass, floralness, vegetation, spice, mild sugar and light acidity. It play a secondary support role. Just ahead of the condiment line is the year 2017 and 2019 red Virginias. They produce some tangy dark fruit, earth, wood, mild citrus, sugar, light grass and spice. The strength and taste levels start out as medium, and both aspects get more potent before the half way mark. At their peak, they reach the center of medium to strong. The nic-hit is a step behind that. Won’t bite or get harsh. Sports a mild roughness. This easily broken apart crumble cake is mildly moist, and I saw no need to dry it. Burns cool, clean, and a tad slow with a consistent savory, sour and mildly sweet, rather floral, smoky, lightly bitter flavor that extends to the moderately lingering after taste. The room note is pungent. Barely leaves any dampness in the bowl, and requires a couple more than an average number of relights. Not an all day smoke, but it is repeatable. It is stronger and mildly more fermented than the original version. Three stars.
Great review. I loved this blend so much I bought several tins of it only one of which I have opened it as I save it for the fall time. The smell reminds me a lot of Folklore, sort of a bubblegum scent (that sounds unappealing but its quite nice). Smokes really really smoothly and cool with subtle but noticeable hints of cigar leaf.

Reactions: JimInks and FurCoat

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Great review. I loved this blend so much I bought several tins of it only one of which I have opened it as I save it for the fall time. The smell reminds me a lot of Folklore, sort of a bubblegum scent (that sounds unappealing but its quite nice). Smokes really really smoothly and cool with subtle but noticeable hints of cigar leaf.
I found the topping on Savinelli 145 to be similar also.

Reactions: fishmansf