Jim's C&D Warped Saint Espresso 2023 Review.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
It goes on sale May 19th.

The steamed and toasted three cavendishes are in order of their prominence: lightly sweetened Dominican cigar, Eastern North Carolina red Virginia, and unsweetened one sucker blackened Kentucky burley. The red Va. is almost a supporting player, and the one sucker blackened Kentucky burley is close behind that. The cigar cavendish is a tad more noticeable with a couple more smoke notes than last year’s production. The coffee takes a little of the lead over the walnut and creamy vanilla toppings, The creamy vanilla seems lightly richer this time. They moderately tone down the tobaccos. The strength is just shy of the medium threshold. The taste level is medium. The nic-hit is a couple of steps below the overall strength level. There’s no chance of bite or harshness, and the rough edges are slight. Well balanced with nuanced complexity, it burns cool and clean at a reasonable rate with a very consistent creamy sweet, tart and tangy citrus, tangy ripe dark fruit, coffee, nuts, floral, mild vanilla, spice, smoke, grass, tea, herbs, leather, vegetative peat, light bitter sourness, cocoa, savory flavor. The after taste pleasantly lingers a mite. The room note is pleasant to tolerable. Leaves little dampness in the bowl, and requires a couple more than an average number of relights. Can be an all day smoke. Four stars.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I bought two tins. Managed to finally get through one and have no interest as to where the other one is. In fact, I think it went missing. I gave it a fair shot but it's just not my jam, as the kids say.

Reactions: Zero and Elric

Wyomingpiper

Lurker
Aug 1, 2021
Wyoming
I went through my first ten tins in less than two months. Glad I still have 7 or 8 left, recent pricing keeps tins off of tge menu.
Now that's an impressive feat for anyone to accomplish in 2 months with any tobacco.
Did you slowly get tired of it, or did it just keep tasting better? I was hoping to buy a tin from someone, but I'm going to assume you would be the wrong guy to ask.
Now that they are releasing a new version I can try to get my own.
I hope I can get a couple and it won't affect your ability to refresh your stock.
All tongue in cheek of course, but I am impressed.
The pipe community should have a contest that goes about a month or so, and see who can smoke the most of their blend of choice in the time allotted.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Now that's an impressive feat for anyone to accomplish in 2 months with any tobacco.
I generally go through 1.5 to 2 pounds of tobacco per month.

Did you slowly get tired of it, or did it just keep tasting better?
It's good, just can't justify the tin price anymore and will only occasionally open a tin so not to smoke it up any time soon.