PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexj52

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2018
Show some love to your pipe sir :wink: Yes, to be frank I like the looks of my pipe better, but yours certainly seems more trustworthy with the bold lines, and could last longer.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Alexj52, by any chance, have You seen my pencil shank Castello Liverpool shown on the Italian pipe' section here?That one is nice as well but the chamber is a bit on the narrow yet deep side which may often lead to unburned tobacco at the bottom of the bowl,

alexj52

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2018
Wow that's a beauty. A bit alarming though too, since the shape looks pretty similar to my Ashton. Which type of blend would you recommend to break in pipes of such shape?

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Alexj52@ Anything Burley forward would be my choice, such as Carter Hall, Pa or Mc Barens Golden Extra
Btw, I went a bit wild and ordered another Ashton Pebble grain from German based tobacconist pfeifendepot.de

seem to be pretty good value pipes,nothing fancy though but are very well finished.,No more pipes for this year.

http://pipesmagazine.com/members/paulie66scandinavian/album/picture/30117

http://pipesmagazine.com/members/paulie66scandinavian/album/picture/30118

alexj52

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 26, 2018
lol it's February sir... that's fantastic. Can't go wrong with a lovat. Thanks for the recommendations, although right now I have none of those and will have to choose between Original Flake (Walnut) and HH Burley Flake. The pipe just arrived, and I'll post a review when I've had a few bowls!

Reactions: doctorbob
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Alexj52@ Sounds great, mine performs well, nontheless I'd like this stem button part a bit lower,less thick I mean,it is like (7.50mm) sanding the button sleeve down might improve the 'mouth feel'
Those are great tobaccos, I liked this Original flake very uncomplicated all day smoke, and the HH Burley Flake is not bad either, You got a good taste for tobacco for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.