PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I've got a question for Jim! I read that you were a co-creator of Watch City Cigar's Rouxgaroux blend with Ernie Q, so I was just wondering if there are any other blends you had a hand in the creation of or if Rouxgaroux was a one off?puffy

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I've got a question for Jim! I read that you were a co-creator of Watch City Cigar's Rouxgaroux blend with Ernie Q, so I was just wondering if there are any other blends you had a hand in the creation of or if Rouxgaroux was a one off?puffy
For Watch City: Rouxgaroux, Simply Orange, American Cut Plug Mixture, and Simply VOriental.

For Wilke: Peanut Butter and Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Wilke Lizzie Blood Virginia English, Wall Street, Back Bay, Rum and Maple, Mediterranean Nights, Red Oriental, Vice Cat, Dark Oriental, Little Round Top, Picket’s Charge, LIPC Dehavilind, and LIPC Long Island Sound. John consulted me on several others, too.

For Sutliff: 1849.

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
For Watch City: Rouxgaroux, Simply Orange, American Cut Plug Mixture, and Simply VOriental.

For Wilke: Peanut Butter and Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Wilke Lizzie Blood Virginia English, Wall Street, Back Bay, Rum and Maple, Mediterranean Nights, Red Oriental, Vice Cat, Dark Oriental, Little Round Top, Picket’s Charge, LIPC Dehavilind, and LIPC Long Island Sound. John consulted me on several others, too.

For Sutliff: 1849.

Wowzers, that's a ton of blends! I picked up a couple ounces of Rouxgaroux yesterday and am really looking forward to trying it, and I may have to snag a tin of 1849 at some point!

On a side note, thank you for your many (many) years of work on Sonic the Hedgehog! That was my absolute favorite comic growing up and brought me innumerable hours of enjoyment as a child and teenager. 🥰

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Wowzers, that's a ton of blends! I picked up a couple ounces of Rouxgaroux yesterday and am really looking forward to trying it, and I may have to snag a tin of 1849 at some point!

On a side note, thank you for your many (many) years of work on Sonic the Hedgehog! That was my absolute favorite comic growing up and brought me innumerable hours of enjoyment as a child and teenager. 🥰
Thanks for the kind words about the blends. And I greatly thank you for your comments regarding my twenty-one years as a Sonic the Hedgehog artist. I loved those characters, and wish I was still an artist on that comic.

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Thanks for the kind words about the blends. And I greatly thank you for your comments regarding my twenty-one years as a Sonic the Hedgehog artist. I loved those characters, and wish I was still an artist on that comic.

I sure loved all those characters too, they were a huge part of my childhood! Tails was always my favorite character, did you have a favorite character to draw? And it's a darn shame they didn't keep you on after the first handful of issues when IDW took over, but 21 years is still an amazing run for any publication! I'll let the thread get back to pipe related subjects, but I just had to mention how much I've appreciated the work you've done in the artistic side of your life too. It had a pretty huge impact on me when I was young, and if my avatar is any indication it's probably been one that's lasted to today. 😅

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I sure loved all those characters too, they were a huge part of my childhood! Tails was always my favorite character, did you have a favorite character to draw? And it's a darn shame they didn't keep you on after the first handful of issues when IDW took over, but 21 years is still an amazing run for any publication! I'll let the thread get back to pipe related subjects, but I just had to mention how much I've appreciated the work you've done in the artistic side of your life too. It had a pretty huge impact on me when I was young, and if my avatar is any indication it's probably been one that's lasted to today. 😅
I'm very honored to hear your praise about my Sonic work. Comics are a hard business to stay employed in, and I've managed to freelance for 33 years so far. Not many make much money, there's no health benefits, and the deadlines can be tough at times, but it's worth it to know that some people reading them will feel the way I did when I was a reader and collector.

Sonic was always my favorite character.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I've been on this forum since 2014. I had just started smoking a pipe. I was incredulous to see how many bowls of tobacco Jiminks was reporting daily on the ways thread and couldn't believe anyone could possibly taste anything after so many bowls. Then I began to learn.
Besides the consistency and the amazing catalog of reviews we've been given, is the promise of a cornucopia of flavors HE can taste, and hopefully, we can too.
I usually look for two reviewers when I check a blend. The first is always JimInks. The second is Pipestud.

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
View attachment 300090View attachment 300091View attachment 300092
Here it is @JimInks ! It finally arrived after three and a half months in the transit from Great Britain.

Let it be known that the first ever photos I posted on this site was for the honourable Mr. JimInks.

I will send this off for restoration soon to my friend in Vancouver. I can hardly wait to smoke this pipe when it is all cleaned up.
That stem will need a good 24 hours in the Oxy bath!! Vancouver must mean Steve. You're in good hands! Can't wait to see it all cleaned up. Nice pipe!

Reactions: JimInks