PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is with Jeremy Reeves. Jeremy is the Head Blender at Cornell & Diehl, which is one of the most popular boutique pipe tobacco companies in the USA. Jeremy has been a pipe smoker for over a decade and is passionate about pipes, pipe tobacco, and blending tobacco. Tonight’s discussion will focus on Oriental Tobaccos, and Brian said HE even learned something. At the top of the show, Brian will continue the tour of his pipe collection with the “Satou Reds”.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Jeremy-Reeves.jpg

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
LOVE Cornell & Diehl products.

Mr. Jeremy Reeves has been nothing but helpful and gracious in our few interactions. Big thanks.

*actually, the biggest thanks I can give is happily spending a bunch of money on C&D Tobaccos.
Same. Talked to him on the phone and he couldn’t have been more pro.
Really a terrific dude in my experience.

renfield

Lifer
Oct 16, 2011
Kansas
Another great show. Orientals have the most to offer in terms of subtlety and variety and Jeremy did a good job of illustrating that.

If you'd like to see what it takes to raise Oriental leaf check out the documentary "Tobacco Girl" linked below. It's about a 14 year old girl living in the mountains of Macedonia working on their family tobacco farm. The main focus is on the girl's story but everything from growing to selling the crop is shown. Short but fascinating.

Renfield

Mrs. Pickles

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 8, 2022
AZ, USA
What a gem of a discussion. Both so detailed and so frank.

From the outside, it seems like the tobacco industry can be pretty secretive about topics like this, which makes Jeremy’s willingness to discuss C&D’s inventory of oriental tobaccos (and the complexities of sourcing them) all the more extraordinary.

Brian, thanks putting Jeremy on the spot with those samples of straight oriental leaf and giving him a little extra airtime to really geek out with. Holy Moses, he didn’t disappoint.

This interview answered a lot of questions I had about oriental tobaccos -- some of them I've wondered about for years. Not the least of which was how to pronounce “Yenidje.”

P.S. The discussion of Black Sea Sokum here calls to mind Brian’s interview with Mike McNiel several years ago. I could be misremembering this, but I think Mike described the character of Syrian Shek Al Bint before it went through the Latakia process as being very similar to the funky Black Sea Sokum. Wild stuff.