PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggles

Lurker
Sep 25, 2015
Atlanta
Been on a JB kick lately...and got intrigued with Bernard's choice of pipe. I simply cannot find any info online about it. He changes it up and many of the movies he is in, but the black sandblast Dublin or Billiard classic style that he uses is just gorgeous. Anyone have any idea or research on what he has used in the JB films?
5mjpyb.jpg

GW326H400

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Good luck. It took modern film restoration technology to get an accurate handle on the striped watch strap Connery wore on his Rolex Sub in Thunderball and Dr. No. For years it appreared black and gray even though the movies were in color. A few years ago it was determined to actually be red and green. IDing that pipe seems like an even tougher undertaking.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
If I was gonna take a stab, I would say Dunhill. Classic shapes, classic British name. I could be off the mark by a mile though.

biggles

Lurker
Sep 25, 2015
Atlanta
I was thinking same thing, Dunhill and looked for a ton of pics for that white dot. But this could also be Italian as Italian pipes were very much 'in' for Londoners in the 1960's. Just hard to find any profile pics other than the ones above....and these, which is more of a smooth/rosewood kind:
lb1qq_639.jpg

bernard-lee-05.jpg

And of course this one:
500full.jpg

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
The James Bond franchise is one of if not the most heavily-involved in product placement in the history of film. If the pipe was a Dunhill it would have been because Dunhill paid for the placement, and the trademark white dot would have been prominently visible.

Status
Not open for further replies.