PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dr. Van Loafer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2022
Indiana
Finally made it out to Boswell’s and it was everything I imagined and more. Top notch customer service, shelves of tobacco, wall of pipes, an expansive smoking lounge. Wow! Had a very successful trip picking up some great blends that were expertly recommended by their staff. Wonderful time, wish I could have spent more time. Thank you!E1EAD33E-B13E-419E-A25F-D80C31778325.jpeg46E2A706-7C50-431F-BAA8-5F4650E2F9D5.jpeg

Pooh-Bah

Can't Leave
Apr 21, 2023
Central Maryland
It's a lovely shop - I visited a few weeks ago. Acted as a helpful third-party for a first-time pipe smoker who wanted to get a few pipes and some tobacco to share with his friends for a weekend in the mountains (he got three basket pipes, the holiday variety pack and a Czech tool or two).
I walked out with a jar of Titus (mostly because it had a handsome dog on it and smelled nice) and a Boswell pipe which is probably the best smoker in my small collection.

The younger mustachioed fellow is very good at his job, and the lounge regulars made for fine company while I was trying my new pipe.

Dr. Van Loafer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2022
Indiana
It's a lovely shop - I visited a few weeks ago. Acted as a helpful third-party for a first-time pipe smoker who wanted to get a few pipes and some tobacco to share with his friends for a weekend in the mountains (he got three basket pipes, the holiday variety pack and a Czech tool or two).
I walked out with a jar of Titus (mostly because it had a handsome dog on it and smelled nice) and a Boswell pipe which is probably the best smoker in my small collection.

The younger mustachioed fellow is very good at his job, and the lounge regulars made for fine company while I was trying my new pipe.
Yep, the young man with the curly handle bar mustache recommended to me Burley Flake and Old Gowrie. He was super knowledgable, not pushy, and treated me like the only person in the store.

felix Cappuccio

Might Stick Around
Mar 17, 2021
Finally made it out to Boswell’s and it was everything I imagined and more. Top notch customer service, shelves of tobacco, wall of pipes, an expansive smoking lounge. Wow! Had a very successful trip picking up some great blends that were expertly recommended by their staff. Wonderful time, wish I could have spent more time. Thank you!View attachment 266405View attachment 266406

Reactions: PaulRVA

Medy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2024
Chambersburg PA
I love this shop. Everyone is very friendly and well knowledgeable. This store is my starting point. I love the fact that they have a smoking lounge upstairs, which I have not had a chance to check out yet.

Reactions: Trainpipeman

Dr. Van Loafer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2022
Indiana
I have smoked all the in-house blends I purchased: Northwoods, Mild English, Private Stock, and Old School. All have great flavor, very approachable, burn even, and mechanically works well in any pipe. Surprising to me is that I enjoyed Mild English the most. Just a great blend with a wonderful room note.

Reactions: AroEnglish

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I have smoked all the in-house blends I purchased: Northwoods, Mild English, Private Stock, and Old School. All have great flavor, very approachable, burn even, and mechanically works well in any pipe. Surprising to me is that I enjoyed Mild English the most. Just a great blend with a wonderful room note.
Interesting that you love Mild English the most. I’ll have to give that one a shot.