PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Agreed. Please do post your findings, although it will take a few days to get through that list.
I am already compiling a list and the ones you just ordered just may find their way there :)

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
First I want to go on record as saying that I'm a big fan of P&C. No complaints here.
Second, great order!
Third, I would probably smoke that EMP first. EMP was my first taste of tinned, fine pipe tobacco. An excellent, smooth smoke.
Despite being a big fan and heavy consumer of GLP blends, I have to admit to not being a fan of Chelsea Morning. I'm not an English smoker so take my feedback with a grain of salt, but I found it too heavy on lemon Virginias for my taste. That said, my quality of life would be greatly diminished in the absence of several other GLP blends such as Haddo's Delight, Cairo, Fillmore, and others.
But variety is the spice of life in this hobby.

captainbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 5, 2010
Dan, you are off to a good start. Keep your pipes clean and lightly reamed. Give your pipes a rest at least overnight! Consider dedicating specific or "similar blends" to specific pipes. PM me if you have a specific question that I can help you with.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Sothron - Thanks for your input. I see a lot of your posts and you obviously know what you are talking about. I am going to try some Chelsea morning here soon (if the temp would get above 40, I smoke outside) and will try to see if I can taste that lemon. I only took notes on their aroma as I opened them, not yet on their smoking flavor because I was also reading and just wanted to enjoy them, but will definitely take notes as I try more bowls.
Capt Bob - I actually plan to do exactly that in terms of assigning certain blends to certain pipes. I do try to clean them about an hour or so after I am done smoking them, but never later than the next morning.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Ya know, it's funny
I bought a dozen mason jars and I remember thinking "I'll never be able to use all of these jars"...
Need to buy another dozen

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
+1
Ya know, it's funny
I bought a dozen mason jars and I remember thinking "I'll never be able to use all of these jars"...
Need to buy another dozen
That is great Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.