PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Hello gentlemen and gentlewomen
Just thought i'd say a quick hello! I've been a member for about maybe a year now. I haven't really smoked the pipe in quite some time i'll have to admit. Some of you may remember me, some of you not.
It wasn't until these past few days where I've been thinking more and more about pipes. I smoked a bowl of 7 Seas regular, in my Brigham system pipe. I'm in love again! loll
The reason why I've been absent in the pipe world is because summer is quite a busy time for me. And to be totally honest, it's too damn hot to sit outside for an hour plus in the ridiculous heat and humidity (it's the humidity that really gets to me)
While in the summer, I frequent many import car shows and events. Been going to Toronto, Kingston and Montreal for different events, not to mention the occasional track day. Needless to say, it's hard to find time to get a bowl or two in there. Here is a picture of my pride and joy, many sacrifices and hardships with this car, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Heres a few pics.

7885432860_2ac70abb81_o1.jpg

7885433144_8f53655a58_o.jpg

7885422694_51bd9b3870_o.jpg

7885422080_8f909d5c53_o1.jpg

These pictures were taken by a friend of mine, who is a professional automotive photographer.
So with the car scene dying down because of the up coming winter, I have found a bit more time for some bowls.
I also have started school again,this time in Business Accounting, a completely different field than what I've been planning my whole life(health field), because of a torn achillies that ruptured last year, so career change it is. Out of HS i wanted to be a paramedic, then after many years off, wanted to be a fire fighter, got accepted to the program, then m achillies ruptured :(
Oh and I'm now an uncle too!!! My brother and his wife gave me the wonderful gift of being an uncle to the cutest little baby girl Ava
286744_10151034421213240_534333249_o.jpg

Anyways, this is tuning into a life story hahaha.
I have many many blends that I bought ast year, many are Boswell aromatics, others are vaccume sealed tins from when I visited Dublin. And also many pipes that need smoking!!
Only downfall, I lost my green Brigham pipe tool :( I've been looking all over the place, and I, for the life of me can not find it, makes me sad...
But anyways, I smoked a bowl tonight in the backyard, while watching the movie Goon, yes I need some sort of hocekey fix, and the bow lasted the entire movie!! And it's not a big bowl either! Season apparently won't start till December!!!
Keep on puffin!!

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Thanks Philip, this course is definitely a BIG challenge for me. I'm used to taking chemistry, biology and psychology, instead of law, statistics and finance.
She is definitely one spoiled kid for sure!!

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
How does that gear shift on the console work? Pretty interesting setup. Maybe you could turn my Chevy /aveo into a sleeper. lol

trevert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2009
NC
That's a very cool car for something that's not a GTI.
mischief.gif

Though, I have loved Hondas ever since the original CR-X, which I STILL wish they would do a modern version of... Except that they can't, because carmakers have apparently forgotten today how to make any car under 2800 pounds. :? Someday if I have the spare cash, I'd love to get a restored '87-ish CRX-Si as my spare-time toy.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
The picture of your baby niece on your chest will be one to treasure for years and years. I'll second Philip, friend - be a good uncle to her.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Welcome back, that was quite a summer! What a lovely Honda. Those are some pretty purposeful tires, better swap them out for winter in Canada, eh? Very nice job on setup. I noticed you pulled your airbag steering wheel, the new one sure looks cool. What kind of track work do you do?

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
baronsamedi- thanks man, the shifter took me a day or two to get used to, but i LOVE it. I've built this car to handle corners like a champ, so when i'm heel-toeing into a corner, having the shifter closer to the wheel make it soooooo much nicer, Honda calls it "rally style" i think.
trevert- ya those old CRX's were def a big step for the import world. The CRX really taught people about power to weight ratio. The new CRZ is NOTHING like the crx, which is what thye based it off of. and gti are very nice, too bad they cost so much lol.
Hobie- I have a 10 inche Alpie type r in a custom enclosure.
al- fortunately, i have just bought a 99 protege for $500 as a winter beater. I go to Shannonville track in Ontario canada. It's a fairly easy flat track, about 3-4km on the full track, 2-3on the short track.
thanks for the kind words and re-welcome!! lol

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Congrats CAPiper on the expanding family.
Nice wheels! My wife and I have been Honda fans for years. Between us we've had:

1980 Civic

'85 Accord

'92 Prelude

'99 CRV - 1st new Honda, 165K miles and still driving it.

'04 Shadow 600 (two-wheeler)

'11 Accord 4 cyl (2600rpm @80mph and over 500 miles on a tank)
I live about 12 miles from the Mid Ohio Sportscar Course. Check that track out sometime if you ever have the chance.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Bentmike- Thats awesome!! Hondas are quite reliable, and there is an abundance of parts available, making them cheap and easy to repair. I'll have to check out that track sometime!
mrenglish- i used to smoke pipe in my car with my oem seats. There is no way in hell i'm taking a chance of burning my new seats, although i do smoke ciggs in the car...

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
It always amazes me how some people have the talent to build and tune cars. It's a skill that is beyond me and something I see as true intellect. Good job and welcome back CanAsianPiper. I don't think we have met but I'm sure if you stick around we will get to know each other.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
photoman- thank you! I'ts not easy tuning cars these days. To do it tastefully is the hard part, making it look ricey is easy. It takes a lot of time and effort to just source some of the "rare" parts, but thats part of the fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.