PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
numbersix, you're right. A pipe should have an instant appeal. My problem is, too many do!

Sometimes I wait, hoping to fall out of love. Once they're in the house, it seems to be the

old timey pipes like my grandpa would have smoked that end up under the match.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Somebody who is good at photoshop needs to fix this and repost just so everyone can see what could have been.
Here's a quick attempt at a "fix":
insane-600x406.png

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
My problem is, too many do!

Sometimes I wait, hoping to fall out of love.
I have to admit, I can be that way too. There are times when I am on the fence and still contemplate buying! But I've learned (or at least I hope I've learned) that too often a pipe I wasn't 100% certain about quickly becomes one of my least favs.
My problem is, pipes that I have an immediate love for are always out of my price range. It's the same old story, champagne tastes, beer budget!

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I'm not feeling the 'shopped version at all. I like the original incarnation better. Still not a pipe I'd want but it is a cool idea that I've never seen before so kudos to the carver. There's only so many forms a pipe can possibly take and I get a kick out of seeing oddballs.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I'm not feeling the 'shopped version at all. I like the original incarnation better.
I'm actually in agreement with you mike. I honestly don't like either, but if I had to put one of these versions in my collection, I'd probably put the original in.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm still not ready for the wired deconstructed pipe, but I liked seeing it, as a weird variation on

the traditional pipe theme.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
To be honest, I wouldn't mind it for a display and conversation piece. To pricey though for me to buy a non-functional(to me) work of art. At that price I could get an amazing Rad that I can enjoy smoking as well as admire on a pipe rack without any buyers remorse.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
it's actually a bit of an illusion- draw a line from the bit to chamber and you'll see the draft hole actually runs straight.
Exactly, I noticed that immediately.
I get the thing as a whimsical idea. And I am certain someone will love it. I'm not that guy though -- the aesthetic I seek in pipes is about balance, classic forms, serenity, beauty, artistry. Arguably this demonstrates artistry -- but that's about all for me.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
There are so many ooh aah pipes out there, I would have to own one of each before I bought that beast.
@Smokey: Even the designers said they were glad to finish and get to Skyrim, so they could look at grass!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
@gwtwdbss
Nice Photoshop Six!
Thanks!
@pipenovelist
how in the French Fried Hell are you supposed to clean that thing?
That's just what I was thinking - until I saw zack's post...
@zack24
it's actually a bit of an illusion- draw a line from the bit to chamber and you'll see the draft hole actually runs straight.
doh! Good eye zack!

bigmick

Might Stick Around
Nov 1, 2012
I'll be the odd man out here. I like it. Not at that price point though. Under $100 and it'd be in my rack in short order. Weird is good, expensive weird...not so much. It looks like something one of my grandfathers would have smoked. They were poor and if it could be fixed it was, as long as it still got the job done.
I vote beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.