PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Is it just me or does anyone else have this issue? I just want to state that my wife works for the postal system and I am well aware of the trials they are under but.......damn! Seems one of every three orders of beloved pipes/ tobacco goes on a cross country 2week journey to get to me! Latest order from SP was a new pipe and tobacco. They are in SC and I’m in GA.....those states physically touch but tracking says my package is in Washington state? Just asking

kylef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 17, 2018
Cape Ann, MA USA
I must be located in the right shipping loop or something (Eastern Massachusetts), because my orders from SP seem to get to me incredibly fast--like always within 3 days after I order, and that's with the cheapest shipping.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Meh sometimes my orders from pipes and cigars would go past my house, north a hundred miles, then back south, for an extra day or so. But nowadays my orders from smoking pipes gets to my place in 3 days.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
Meh sometimes my orders from pipes and cigars would go past my house, north a hundred miles, then back south, for an extra day or so. But nowadays my orders from smoking pipes gets to my place in 3 days.
Yup, no matter who I order from 2 or 3 will make it in 3 days or less sometimes but then here comes the off flyer that goes straight to New Mexico first, so what y’all are saying is....it’s just me?

Reactions: didimauw

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
I live in Kentucky, sometimes if I have something coming from more northern states it will go down to Tennessee then back up. But for the most part I never have a problem.

kurtbob

Lifer
Jul 9, 2019
SE Georgia
I know the PO has disro hubs and it goes there from the vendor to the one near them then to the next one (mine is Jacksonville Fl) then to my local PO. the system works for me 70% of the time then big swing and a miss. Was just wondering if this was the norm for everyone

Frozenoak

Can't Leave
Oct 9, 2019
Lake Elsinore, CA
I placed an order about a year ago for a pipe, some bulk tobacco, and, I think, 5 cigars from Virginia. It routed through the Dominican Republic ...TWICE... before it reached me in California nearly 2 months later. I still have no idea what that was all about.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Never had that problem, but Alaska is a pretty clear destination, haha. Heard a few people mention this recently though.

drydock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2016
Recently had a package returned to sender because my address wasn't right. Sender checked with me, my address was correct. So he sent agian, and this time it arrived without a glitch. Most of the time the USPS is ok. But when it's bad--whoo! I've had a couple empty packages arrive too--those are my favorite.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
I live 110 miles from Memphis.

If I mail a letter here to a business one-half mile across town, that letter gets to travel those 110 miles to Memphis before it gets to be shipped back across those 110 miles from Memphis so it can then be delivered back to that one-half mile here 2 days later.

Clearly, this ain't no way to run a railroad.

Spa32

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
I guess I've had good luck with the usps. Sometimes it may take an extra day than what the tracking says, but that's about the worst it gets for me.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I live an hour and half from SP. I've only had a package from SP take the long way around one time. It went to Chicago and then back down. Luckily it was a wet aromatic so no harm to the tobacco. I usually only order from SP and the packages usually get to my house the day after I place the order (ordered before 12pm). The tracking can be aggravating sometimes.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I ordered one of those mail order brides once. For some reason the China post routed her through Argentina who then sent her through the Middle East. Well, that was a long wait. It didn’t matter. The origin shipper did poke any air holes in the box and well, she didn’t make it. That was a tough return I’ll tell ya. “We poke holes in box all the time! You want new live bride, you pay return shipping!” They finally caved.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I ordered one of those mail order brides once. For some reason the China post routed her through Argentina who then sent her through the Middle East. Well, that was a long wait. It didn’t matter. The origin shipper did poke any air holes in the box and well, she didn’t make it. That was a tough return I’ll tell ya. “We poke holes in box all the time! You want new live bride, you pay return shipping!” They finally caved.
Anyone in the industry will tell you that extra holes always cost more.

Reactions: renfield
Status
Not open for further replies.