PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
Love the bourbon Makers Mark is my go to. I just got introduced to Greenore Single Grain Irish Whiskey goes down like honey.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Been Drinkin Ezra Brooks 90° for the last few days. That is a damn fine Bourbon! I think we have a new regular drinker here! There is a powerful Cinnamon in the nose as well as allspice and it really is smooth. There is an 80 and 101 as well. Time will tell, but the 90° is just my speed for drinking neat or with a couple o ice cubes!
Oddly enough, the same company makes Rebel Yell, which is the most horrible shit in the world.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
VO is my every day drink but I also enjoy an occasional Jameson's. A friend gave me a bottle of Crown Cask for my 50th and I made the mistake of opening it up that evening, we wiped out half the bottle. Truly fine.

icrawford

Lurker
Aug 7, 2011
Cleveland, OH/Toronto, ON
It really depends on the kind of day I've had/company I'm with when I open up a bottle. I'm a slave to Jack Daniels (3rd generation jack drinker!) to the point of finding out who is traveling abroad so they can get me a bottle of Single Barrel Silver Select and then threatening them with flat tires unless they deliver the goods. :twisted: That being said, I enjoy Laphroaig, Glenfiddich, and either a Remy Martin VSOP or XO; port is also a good add-in if the people I'm associating with don't like stronger spirits. That being said, if they're unable to enjoy stronger spirits they're probably the ones yelling at me about smoking pipes anyways! :lol:

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I'm a Scotch fan. Blends like Dewers and J&B. Single malts are so varied it is hard to know where to start. To turn on folks to Scotch who have only drank Jack or gag god forbid Canadian whisky. I would offer Highland malts that are more floral and light. If you want to put hair on your chest and can stand the medicinal flavors of peat, smoke, and seaweed/salty flavors nothing better than Laphroaig, Ardbeg or Bowmore. Bowmore is a bit to smokey for me. I find Ardbeg perfectly balanced in flavors. Laphroaig blew my mind the first time I tried it. You can taste the iodine and salty sea mixed with peat and smoke. I like the cask strength Laphroaig a lot!
I also love Abelor cask strength! Aged in sherry casks, man it is amazing stuff. Abelor makes the best "Rusty Nail" IMHO

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
Bourbon, Scotch, Brandy...in that order.
I'm Canadian but really do not like Canadian whiskey. A few months back I tried really hard to enjoy it but the only one that came close to being good was Alberta Premium witch is 100% rye. (Note: Canadian Rye is not like American Rye at all.)

joshy

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2011
On the rare occasion I have anything in the house it's usually Rum.
Rum: Kraken. The stuff is great and I highly recommend it.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Anejo Tequila --- Clean my pipes with it & enjoy the occasional sip. Nice and sweet.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
I love Jack, but resort to Evan Williams since most my spare money goes to baccy before booze. However, I did JUST buy a bottle of EW's Honey Reserve, and it is absolute perfection! It's like Frog Morton in bourbon form... is it an english or an aromatic? Nobody knows!
Anbody know of any other honey laced bourbon? I know wild turkey has one.

twoadaydanny

Lurker
Aug 16, 2011
+1 for the recommendations of Black Bush and Laphroaig.
On the Irish side, I'm also a fan of Redbreast. And when I'm drinking Scotch, I find myself reaching for Lagavulin or Ardbeg at least as often as I reach for Laphroaig. Love those Islay peat monsters!

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I usually drink Black Bushmills or Tullamore Dew, but I tried some Honey Jack and Wild Turkey with honey. The Wild Turkey Honey knocked me on my ass, but both were excellent!

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Bourbon, Scotch, Brandy...in that order.
I'll have the same, and add a martini to my order too...
drunken_smilie.png

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I enjoy Jameson now and again, but my normal drink of choice is scotch... Dalwhinnie, Glenmorangie, Glenlivet, and Lagavulin to name a few.

keeper

Lurker
Jun 29, 2010
I've been working on a bottle of Maker's Mark lately, but generally I enjoy rye more than anything else. I drink gin in the summer, though.

cthulhu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
I'm surprised there isn't more Scotch fans on here. Scotch is the pipe tobacco of spirits...so many types with different flavors it's amazing! There's some really tasty ryes out there too, if you enjoy a sweeter spirit.

Status
Not open for further replies.