PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rybo

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2010
i'll usually have jameson or crown...want to pick up some maker's mark this week though and see if it's all it's cracked up to be

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I want to thank the US Navy for two reasons.

If the Marines need to go somewhere, they always give us a lift.

And second... if it weren't for their truly remarkable recipe we wouldn't know what goes into scotch.

Of course I'm just kidding guys. :D

Listen carefully the sounds a bit low.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvMSDgChIl4

bubblehead

Might Stick Around
May 26, 2011
Mr. Roberts, one of the all time classics; and here's to the WWII sailors for passing all of their wisdom (and recipes) to us younger sailors of the Vietnam/cold war era. :worship: I do hope the sailors of today are keeping up the great traditions.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
The one whiskey I've been meaning to try is george dickel but seagram's seven is taking forever to finish.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Irish? Shotch? Bourbon?
Irish:

Everyday...Jameson's

Special occasions...Jameson's 18 year old Special Reserve
Bourbon:

Everyday...Jack Daniels (yeah, yeah, I know....kiss my &*%)

Special occasions...Woodford Reserve
Scotch:

No thanks. Got any Jameson?

bowhatchie

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 27, 2010
I enjoy all three... Regular occasions... Jameson......Johnny Walker Black..Makers Mark...

thekiltedchaplain

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2011
Bourbon: Makers Mark, Woodford Reserve, even good ole' Jack (good man Tommy!)

Scotch: The Balvenie Doublewood

Irish: Jameson's

bubblehead

Might Stick Around
May 26, 2011
I forgot to add in my previous post:
Bourbon.....Jim Beam Black

Scotch......Dewars

Irish.......Jamesons

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Scotch - Currently can't get enough Buichladdich offerings, have a bottle of "Peat" and a bottle of "Torrey Pines" on the go now, both are pretty damned good and don't break the bank (I'm looking at you, Balblair '79...oh, why must you taunt me so?).
Irish - Jamesons (pretty much the only Irish whiskey I've consumed enough of to say I'm actually familiar with)
Bourbon - I've honestly only partaken in Jim Beam and Knob Creek, Knob Creek gets my vote.
Rye - Crown Royal Limited Edition, or, if I'm feeling spendy, Special Reserve

kranthorp

Lurker
Jul 10, 2011
Bourbon: Currently Wild Turkey 101, I love this stuff. I also have a bottle of Old Grand-Dad and Jim Beam Black, neither I am a big fan of as they are both too bitter for me so use them in Juleps (terrible waste I know.)
I don't really drink other whiskeys but I like Jägermeister or red wine.

clutch

Lurker
Jun 10, 2011
THE Glenlivet...
With Shiner Bock... nuttin' finer IMESHO (in my ever so humble opinion)...

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Irish: Jameson's or Black Bush Love 'em both! The Irish contingent in my family were protestant, but it seemed to me like the Irish Catholics had more fun. I'm American so I'll party wherever the party is.
Scotch: The MacAllan 18 Year Highland Single Malt, or the Balvenie 30 (OMG that stuff is good! Only able to afford a dram when I worked at a bar!) when I'm feeling rich. Most other times it's McClelland's Highland or Islay single malt (the highland resemble Bowmore, just newer). I also like Tomatin when I'm on the cheap. It tastes way above its price range IMO.
Bourbon: George Dickel Barrel Select is about the smoothest Bourbon you can buy! I also like Gentleman Jack, Buffalo Trace and Maker's Mark. With all the talk of Ezra though, I'm gonna hit it up next time at the store.
Canadian: Good ol' Crown, but I like Canadian Hunter 99% of the time. It's cheaper than Crown and IMO way more smooth.
Vodka: The best? Smirnoff Black Label. Has a great breaddy note to it. Also Türi and Thor's Hammer. Daily Drinker? Wolfschmidt 100°

goodkat

Might Stick Around
May 31, 2011
I absolutely adore Jameson's. As for rye I'm a fan of Black Velvet.
Recently I got absolutely smashed on Balvenie at a wake. It is unbelievably good but was by far the worst hangover that I've ever had.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
If I had access to Balvenie like that I'd say it was worth the hangover! The worst hangover I've ever experienced was on Korean Soju. That stuff is brutal.

goodkat

Might Stick Around
May 31, 2011
If I had access to Balvenie like that I'd say it was worth the hangover!
If I had to guess there was a couple of grand worth of scotch there. The deceased was a big fan and family and friends were showing up with $200-$300 bottles.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Thanks for the Mr. Roberts post...love that movie and you just gave me my weekend movie choice. That scene always makes me want to drink whisky.

Status
Not open for further replies.