PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
I know with such a broad based forum that there are some of you that are into the shooting sports-specifically pistols/revolvers. I'd love to hear about it and maybe post some pics of your favorites be it auto or revolver. Also, I found out many moons ago the only way to shoot as much as you'd like is to reload and in my case I make my own bullets by casting. Anyone into that as a hobby?
Here are a few of my favorites.
SW1911 (45 ACP)

_DEF3781b.jpg

S&W M29-3 (44 Mag)

_DEF3990a.jpg

S&W M15-4 (38 Special)

_DEF4440a.jpg

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
I take my .45 to the range to shoot several times a year. When I get the chance I like to get the rifles out and go to the country. That's the real fun!

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
The first pistol I ever shot was an old Remington-Rand 45 Auto in the Army. I carried it when delivering classified documents in Germany from one town to another...made many trips to the I.G.Farben building.
I go to the range every other week. I found I get rusty if I only go half a dozen times a year plus it's fairly cheap since I make my own ammo. On occasions when I get lazy and don't want to cast or reload I just buy some factory FMJ to shoot.
S&W fan? Yep-fine weapons. I have several autos that have never failed to fed, eject or extract and never any FTRTB issues.
This mold for the 44 Mag makes some beautiful bullets you can't find anywhere else...a 260 gr lead round nose flat point. It would make a great bullet for hunting and deadly accurate.
_DEF4151a.jpg

_DEF4160a.jpg

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I need to add some things to my handgun collection. Have a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44, Ruger P89 auto, a couple Taurus .357s.

I need a 1911 or 3.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
The Colt Commander makes a great 1911 or S&W's 1911SC is superb as well.(My choices)
_DEF4235a.jpg

_DEF3813a.jpg

martiniman

Apr 6, 2012
I'm a rimfire man through and through.

.17hmr my new fav.

awesome round, I can punch a dime @ 100 like poking you in the nose from here.... :D

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Two sexy guns there. Over the last year I've been tolling up my pipemaking shop, and I've been slowly selling guns to raise money :crying:

I'm hoping as the business starts bringing a little money I can start slowly replacing them.

May have to start with a nice pistol.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I've never been into rimfire much other than having at one point a convertible Ruger Single Six with the extra cylinder for the .22 Mag. What's a .17hmr?

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I used to really enjoy shooting. But, well it was like having a favorite song, and every

station you tune to is playing it. Ya' just get tired of it.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I have seasons like that. I just get out of the mood and don't want to reload or go to the range but just spend my off time with my dog and hang around the house. But, it always kicks in again and I'm headed back once more. It helps with my sanity and keeps my mind busy.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
I plan on taking the 45-70 out tomorrow to sight in a new scope. I have quite a few pistols and rifles, but only one revolver right now; a Dan Wesson 44mag. I plan on getting a .357 soon to rectify the situation. I love shooting my guns, but the range is about a 50min drive so when I go I take a few and spend the whole day there.
A tip for the .45 guys...Walmart has Federal 230gr ammo at $26 for 100 round boxes right now. I'm not sure if it is a price screw up or what, but I bought 5 boxes to build up some more brass.
I have been thinking about converting one of my .45 to .460 Rowland. Anyone have any experience shooting one?

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
My thoughts on the topic of the pistols themselves are best summed up here:
Μολὼν λαβέ
An excerpt:
. . . What makes a firearm beautiful to me, what I admire above all other qualities, is reliability – the weapon's ability to function as it is supposed to function tens of thousands of times in a row without a single failure. Certainly a firearm ought to fire a caliber useful to the task; and of course I need to be able to shoot that firearm accurately enough to put rounds into a useful part of the target. But if a gun will only do that 999 times out of thousand, it’s of no use to me. That weapon might belong in some collection, but it doesn’t belong in my holster.
Thus, my relationship to firearms is a utilitarian one. . . .

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
Heavily involved in shooting. I have competed several times in the High Power Rifle class at Camp Perry and I've been reloading my own ammo since I was a kid.
I am also an avid collector of Mauser rifles with a particular focus on the Mauser K98 rifle. My collection was at 47 rifles, but a few years ago I "thinned the herd" so to speak and sold about half of them.
The two crown jewels of my Mauser collection however are both Argentinian Mausers. One is a 1909 and the other is an 1891. Both rifles are over 100 years old are 100% original (no restoration) and are practically in mint condition. They look like they just came off the factory floor.

jameral

Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Ooohhh maaaannn! You guys are makin my trigger finger itch. I suffered from GAD when I was younger. Unfortunately the state of California has put a damper on it.

Here are my USPSA Open and Limited 1911's

7b9f6e64.jpg

cf680049.jpg

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I thought I had some good pics of pistols but I can't find them.
Anyhow...
My daily carry is a Kimber CDP II Custom. Kimber gets a bad rap but this has been a 100% reliable pistol for me and it carries really comfortably in my Galco KingTuk, even being a full 5" 1911.
I have a S&W 686+ 4" 357 magnum. Perfection. No need to further explain.
A S&W M&P 45 Compact that is pissing me off with FTF issues even shooting ball ammo. I'm going to be calling S&W on that one here pretty soon.
And my wife's Glock 23 Gen 4 with slide Duracoated in Razzle Rose. It gets a lot of looks at the range, especially when she brings out the bright pink gun and proceeds to outshoot most everyone there :lol:

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
i've got a springfield 1911 - loaded model with adjustable sites, a ruger target .22 and a cz75 single action only. the cz is the most accurate. or i'm the most accurate with it.
i also have a little ol' james bond gun - a stainless ppk.

Status
Not open for further replies.