PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

badbeard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Hmm... I think it would more effectively communicate the dead-horse point they were trying to make if they said, "like calling a drug dealer a pharmacist". Not exactly what I call mastery of satire, even if I do agree with it.

Reactions: Hillcrest

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
As I get older I appreciate more, my raising.

When I read of little children separated from their mothers at the border of the wealthiest nation ever to exist under the sun, all I think of of is Matthew 25:35

“For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:”

Old time Christianity is out of fashion these days, which is a pity, you know?

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
As I get older I appreciate more, my raising.

When I read of little children separated from their mothers at the border of the wealthiest nation ever to exist under the sun, all I think of of is Matthew 25:35

“For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:”

Old time Christianity is out of fashion these days, which is a pity, you know?
Perhaps people woke up and realised Noah & his children didn't live to be over 500 years old....or that it's rather impossible to feed 5,000 people with only 5 loaves & 2 fish...and other fairy stories and that it was actually all a con to control the masses?

Regards,

Jay.

• Sad
Reactions: Hillcrest
Status
Not open for further replies.