PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
It is a Buyers market!
This unsmoked GBD 9242 and box just went for $278.

s-l1600.jpg

I messaged the seller when it was listed and offered $275, he never responded.
I put in a $257 bid and than a $273 bid, and got bumped twice. A non-ebayer won, wonder what his top bid was?

This The Guildhall 256 shape is at $53 with an hour to go, the bidders must have not noticed the big burnout spot on the bottom of the bowl...
I saw that one but backed away when I noticed the black mark.The guildhall of course

Last edited:
Reactions: jpmcwjr

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Here's an interesting Comoy's. Feels like it would be from the 1920-1930's, but no COM or silver (Harrisons, Birmingham for COM)

s-l1600.jpg

And One Dot with some dings and wear. (ID'd by the seller as a 1924)

s-l1600.jpg

I was watching the Sasieni but did not want to spend so much this month - so I did not bid

Here's an interesting Comoy's. Feels like it would be from the 1920-1930's, but no COM or silver (Harrisons, Birmingham for COM)

s-l1600.jpg

And One Dot with some dings and wear. (ID'd by the seller as a 1924)

s-l1600.jpg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
That old Comoy's, if not so badly beaten up, would be a very stylish pipe to have.

But there is also something a little mysterious about it. The pipe is an "Old Bruyere" grade, while the case says "Prima" which was a different grade. So maybe the case and pipe aren't original to each other.

achtman

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2017
That old Comoy's, if not so badly beaten up, would be a very stylish pipe to have.

But there is also something a little mysterious about it. The pipe is an "Old Bruyere" grade, while the case says "Prima" which was a different grade. So maybe the case and pipe aren't original to each other.
Good for you Jesse.

I bought it and it‘s arrived. But I never noticed till your post that the case label included Prima. The pipe fits perfectly in the case and the shape is unusual. So it might be the original case despite labelling discrepancy.

The pipe is dirty but in better condition than I had expected from the photos. What looks like dents on the rim in the photos is mostly tar. There are only minor toothmarks on the stem and the stem looks original despite the lack of a 3 part C.

I‘m guessing 1920s from style.

Mark

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
Good for you Jesse.

I bought it and it‘s arrived. But I never noticed till your post that the case label included Prima. The pipe fits perfectly in the case and the shape is unusual. So it might be the original case despite labelling discrepancy.

The pipe is dirty but in better condition than I had expected from the photos. What looks like dents on the rim in the photos is mostly tar. There are only minor toothmarks on the stem and the stem looks original despite the lack of a 3 part C.

I‘m guessing 1920s from style.

Mark
good to see you Mark
Another lovely old pipe to your collection

Reactions: dmcmtk

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Couple of competitive auctions yesterday from Treasurepipes. His pictures still drive me nuts, but folks trust him. Ad says it was marked only:

"MARKED: COMOY'S EXTRAORDINAIRE 499 "
There appears to be a football shaped COM, which makes sense. Would it have brought more with better pictures?

This 499 has no close up of the nomenclature (or by the description, a lack of).

s-l1600.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
As you can see, there is no photo above. I cannot now embed photos, nor make any adjustments to text, embed links- all the editing tools are greyed out, on both Safari and Chrome. Has happened several times over the last few days, and I don't know what's causing it. Quitting the browser and restarting did not help, nor did rebooting the computer, (Mac, latest O/S)