PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
Ennerdale, Sutliff Frosty Mint, Sutliff Mountain Pass.
Don't be put off by the "soap" comments about Lakeland blends. Ennerdale out of a fresh tin was a bit of a shock to the senses I admit, but "soap" it is not. They use flower extracts to achieve the sensation, which is the same as cleaning products and purfume.

Ennerdale is much more like smoking an old lady than smoking soap, but it gets sweeter as the bowl progresses.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Ennerdale is much more like smoking an old lady than smoking soap, but it gets sweeter as the bowl progresses.
It was straight up soap. Reminded me of when I was 10yrs old and my mother caught me swearing. It was so bad I didn't even get halfway through the bowl before I threw it out. What's worse is that nasty soap taste lingered in my mouth for a day or two afterwards. Didn't matter what I ate or drank or what blend I had everything tasted like soap. On top of that it ghosted one of my favorite pipes like you wouldn't believe. Two alcohol cleanings and a few dozen bowls of VaPers later and I can still faintly taste that nasty soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.