PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I've been sitting on my sofa since around 1'ish, chain smoking Margate while not technically watching the TV... More looking through the TV than at it. I'm not entirely certain what day it is. 3+5=Threeve the watch in the box goes round round round... Round round round. I like cubes with rounded edges pretty sup my pretty kitten? :roll:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Zzzzz. 8O zzzzZ :roll: More exercise? Less stress? Read a book? (nothing closes my eyes better than going to bed with a book, well, ok...maybe I can remember back when there might have been something more conducive)

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
From now on, could you please start each post by identifying which n8 is posting? I don't have a problem with any of them, but would just like to know which n8 i am having the pleasure of reading and responding to. Something along the lines of "n8#2" or "n8no2", lol. Im in the same boat as you, the USS Insomnia, but i keep my other personalities in check and do not allow them to post here as they can be assholes sometimes.

Mar 1, 2014
Physical activity is very good.

Basically any tme I have something weird going on with my body that's the answer. Or maybe it's all in my head but I know for sure that physical activity is good.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I had bad insomnia growing up and while I mean no disrespect to those that suffer from it, I miss it. I do not wish to make light of the condition but I would read and read and read. Now that I cannot only get but seem to need a decent night's sleep, I do not get nearly as much reading done.
Nate, I do hope you got some sleep. When it drags to days the effects are cumulative and debilitating. You could always paint on the heads of pins like Egidio Boschi. Does Nightcap help at all?

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Slept yet not I've not. Walgreens gaves me Blambian por The Sleep. That's right!! I's tooks sum blambian and I don't car whut your moms say!! Sleepsoon on bed bye!!!

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
You need a strong Scotch and a leisurely stroll through Winston Churchill's History of the English Speaking Peoples. Worst case scenario, you learn a thing or two about ancient kings and forgotten wars from days long past.

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
The one time I was given ambien I woke up and nearly destroyed an ice room. Scary. Shel

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Exercise in a fixed routine can help. Stay away from TV, since it puts you in a semi-comtose state anyway (in many cases) and acts as a sort of sleep substitute. For some reason, reading is way better, and for this purpose, a book that interests you but that you find heavy going. Dwight Eisenhower's "Crusade In Europe" or something like that might do it -- the vast detail leading up to D-Day, interesting but also lulling. When you actually get down, a little methodical hyperventilation like inhaling and exhaling on a long count (for you, whatever that is) often makes you drop off. Meantime, look around for a good sleep disorder practice, which isn't easy to find. A lot of these pro's address the generic problem without addressing the patient him or herself, so you have to select carefully and be your own doctor after a point. A lot of the meds just confuse the issue, and you don't know what kind of sleep you're getting if you do sleep. Soaking in a hot bath and submitting to massage may also help. If you can't sleep, get up and do something, don't just toss, and then try again when you feel more drowsy. Nearly all of us need more sleep than we get, so you aren't alone.

puffndave

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2015
Aaaarrrrrrr...I feel yer pain!
Whatever you decide to do about it, beware of the sleepy drugs, especially Ambien - the addiction is bad like heroin! Before you turn to that, try reading a book, smoke something with high nicotine (slow and easy), warm milk, camomile tea (actually doesn't taste bad), listen to some relaxing music, have a beer, or practice progressive, meditative relaxation by focusing on all your muscles, one at a time, from your scalp on down. I have found the latter to work remarkably well without adding any manner of drugs or calories to my system.
Exercise is good during the morning or afternoon, but the last thing that I would do is get up and run around when you are already too tired to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.