Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I liked the pipes used in the illustration as much as the idea of the flow chart.

There is one sticking point though: you pretty much need to know what you like before you traverse the paths.

It will, however, help you find blends you might have overlooked in the past -- or never even considered.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
Thanks to my micro-managing boss, I cannot stand flow charts. This one, however, was really neat! Thanks for bumping it!

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Every new pipe smoker ought to see this one--and a lot of us old timers could study it to good effect. Thanks for posting, Kevin, and thanks for the bump.

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
This is a great resource for new pipe smokers, and even those who kind of stick to one "style". It is a lot easier (for me) to have a visual trail of what and why, I should try a certain tobacco.
The chart says I need to try this Escudo I keep hearing so much about.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Just seeing this for the first time. An excellent resource for those just starting out.
Took me some months to figure this out on my own (with - of course - the help of this forum and tobaccoreviews.com)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What a nifty diagram. My home is in the blue, with some yellow on the rotation and occasional raids into the right

side of the diagram. But this does simplify the process for anyone who is confronting the bewildering vast offers

of blends online. Though only a score or two of tobaccos are named, this would inform anyone who reads the

rundown on specific tobaccos.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
Wow glad this got bumped. Lots of good information here. I have just added several things to my list of tobacco to try.

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
It's an old post, but it should be mandatory for a newbie to complete before posting.
It really would have helped get me going right from the beginning.
1Q seems to have fallen into my daily carry, but I tried my first flake last weekend (Peterson University Flake) and fell in love instantly. I have a tin of Escudo on the way. From reading here, I may have some type of embolism based on my first flake experience.
Either way, thanks for bumping. I'm going to order a couple of new tins after going through the flow chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.