PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
OK guys, I was going to list 20 pipes at the lower price point for you but I can't load images! I use Windows Photo Gallery, all other sites download from it just fine but not Briar Bid! I get the message that my photo has 0.00k bytes and the site max is 500kbytes. I am looking at the picture on my computer so 0.00k is impossible so if someone will tell me why the site won;t take my pictures and give me an easy cure, I promise I will post them but if it is going to be a hassle, I will just post them on eBay. At the lower price points it is not worth having to jump through hoops to list my pipes, takes too much time. Any suggestions? I am trying to play by Kevin's rules!

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
To be honest, it is hard for me to get excited about BriarBid. I have had problems downloading pictures of pipe I want to list and after hours of asking for help, I have recieved none. On eBay I can get immediate help. I think that this site has a long way to go before being sucessful.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Strong, I think your pic is too big. Try resizing before you upload. And behind the scenes is just Kevin and GL Pease. Comparing that to the army of people supporting eBay is not fair. I think you have beat the horse enough. Either do it or don't. If you have real questions you actually want answers to, send me a pm and I will help if I can. Click the link in my signature and you can see everything I have listed now on Briarbid.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
To be honest, it is hard for me to get excited about BriarBid. I have had problems downloading pictures of pipe I want to list and after hours of
Pictures do have to be quite small. I crop all of mine then resize to 640X480 and then they will upload. I use Windows Live Photo Gallery and it's pretty simple. The help section does need some help.

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
Why do you think I am beating a horse? There is an easy way or a hard way to do things, especially if you are going to go against the norm and if you want to compete with eBay. I simply feel that BriarBid should not require resizing my photos to upload. Why, none of the other sites require it? I wasted a whole day and evening trying to abide by the new rules. Nowhere dies it state that I must resize my photos. A lot of guys have no idea how to resize photos and this leaves them out. Why do you guys defend this? It is like everyone is brainwashed and I don't mean this to make trouble. I have resized my photes using just the photo software you say you use. If it works fine, though I don't like the extra step, but if this does not work, I throw my hands up as I feel a lot of other guys have but noone wants to admit.

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
OK, I posted five of my five dollar pipes with a $10.00 PayOut to test and see jut how well this BriarBid site works. If I see it works at least as good as when I could just sell on the forum without having to list on an auction site, I will continue to post more as I have almost a thousand pipes to sell.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I didn't have to re size any of my photos when I listed my pipes. I just copied them from my photobucket and pasted them in briar bid, it was quite simple actually.
A thousand pipes to sell, that is amazing, it makes much more sense why you are distressed you cannot sell them here for free.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I've had to resize all the ones I upload. And it's can be a pain, I agree. If you use photobucket or similar to link the images, as Harssis suggested, it's pretty simple. And if you have Office you can open the photos in Office Picture Viewer and click edit, the "compress" and choose either documents or web and then save them. A few extra steps but once you figure it out its not too painfull, IMHO.

strongirish

Can't Leave
Aug 20, 2010
Lake Conroe, TX
Kevin, Thanks for the quick reaction to my complaint and resolving it. That was my intention all along. If we are going to be restricted to Briarbid, then it needs to be easy for us to so. I have sold one already, if I sell a few more then rest assured I will be listing more.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I have sold one already

Wouldn't you know it'd be the Grabow Duke I was debating on getting... I have a Royal Duke and it smoke so great, I have repeatedly thought about getting another. Maybe next time.
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.