PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I really miss the Tinder Box we used to have at the mall. The guys there were always helpful and eager to talk tobacco and pipes. They would always offer to buff my pipe when I brought it in and encouraged me to fill my pipe with a sample of tobacco I hadn't tried.
Several times I've attempted to patronize a local tobacconist and the guy made me feel like I was being a pest with my questions. He just wanted me to buy whatever it was I came in for and leave. The whole time there were three guys sitting on a couch smoking cigars, not talking, but just watching me. Creepy.
If I'm going to pay higher prices at a B/M I going to require much better service.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
"Pipe shops and gun stores."
I was about to write that.
There are a lot of store owners who are living in another world. A world without internet. Just look at Tobacconist Magazine, and see how many businesses don't have a website, or even have a domain for email. Some still use aol. How they continue to operate is beyond me.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thought I'd leave this here :puffy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzNwduqNVpM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrOnhuDfBrU

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Six
I absolutely remember that clip and wished that I spoke more languages....I know that cultures are different, and that what we take for granted in terms of spatial distance and other Western norms may not be the norms of other societies.
But:
I just can't imagine that any civilized culture would foster treating one customer so rudely as to speak in their native tongue so negatively about another customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.