PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jollyroger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2015
Make sure you aren't inhaling instinctively, and what helped me was to stop trying to generate the same amount of smoke per sip.

Also, a good way to explain the force of a sip is, if you can remember the amount of force used to lift juice into a straw and keep the juice afloat mid straw without it ever reaching your mouth. That's what works for me.
As for nicotine satisfaction, a nice analogy is that the cigarette is a small speed boat, delivering a relatively small amount of nicotine but does it very quickly,whereas the pipe is a far bigger and slower ship capable of delivering a serious punch, but it takes longer.
That's why you should take your time and try and feel the slow increase in buzz factor and try and control it, especially with FVF which can send you to a world of nicotine induced nausea if consumed too quickly.
What helped me learn to pace a bowl, is doing half bowls first. I liked it so much that I still do that most of the time.

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
Don't stick with one packing method, try them all. For whatever reason one method works for one person the other will work for you. Way to many factors as to why this is. Hell if you have to use a hybrid packing method

dylanstaton2

Lurker
Mar 1, 2016
Yah I was inhaling the first couple bowls very drag and let me tell yah it wasn't very enjoyable. I learned not to do that lmao. Also today I only had one bad bowl! Out of all the bowls I packed there was only one I had to relight more then 2 times. I figured out a good technique and sticking with it. Now let's get to my blends. Although I previously said I didn't enjoy a few of them due to I was inhaling it and not really slowing down and trying to enjoy the smoke I retract my statements. Dunhil night cap is my favorite this far. I love the bold taste and how it burns slow. The room note is just mehh but the taste is wonderful. Although I haven't opened any of my tins yet and only smoking what I got for bulk that is my favorite so far. All the lane tobacco I got which was all aromatic is OK not the greatest just OK. It just seems like a weak tobacco and I'm finding myself enjoying the real tobacco taste. The flavor in them are nice I just like the tobacco taste and the flavoring just takes away from it. Although I am enjoying the HH egg nog. I like to smoke that one in the morning when I wake up. It's smooth and a cool smoke I am enjoying that blend. I am so temping in opening the black house blend I want to so bad but want to smoke my bulk first because I have not gotten mason jars yet and trying to get through that to acquire my taste for my next order before I get mason jars. Most of what I got were just 2 oz samples but I got a lot of blends. But I am for sure going to order a half pound of night cap next time I love it and prob some tins to age as well I'm thinking 5 tins for the 5 year plan!!!

Mar 1, 2014
I had a suspicion you'd be a fan of Night Cap.
Now that we know you're good with that, Ten Russians might be a good next step.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/578/hermit-captain-earles-ten-russians

Or maybe Billy Budd if you're more adventurous.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/298/cornell-diehl-billy-budd
I also generally like to recommend Cornell & Diehl Star of the East, it's a good flavorful Latakia blend that's available at decent prices in bulk.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/266/cornell-diehl-star-of-the-east

dylanstaton2

Lurker
Mar 1, 2016
I was actually looking at billy bud when I made my first order. I might get it in my next because it is an American tobacco. Also anyone try brair fox for CD http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/1978/cornell-diehl-briar-fox ....it looks good and is a crumble cake but I was told crumble cake is easy to smoke just sometimes you need to wait for it to dry a bit. They sell it bulk at P&C and was going to pick up a few ozs when I make my order.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Welcome! My only advice at this time: watch out for these forum folk. They'll have you bankrupt and in the street in no time with their friendly suggestions.

BTY, do you favor straight or bent pipes? I have lots of sugg...ah, ideas on different pipes and brands...

dylanstaton2

Lurker
Mar 1, 2016
Although I have 2 straight corn cobs I like bent pipes better. I primary just got the straight MM pipes because they are easier to clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.