yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
July%204th.jpg

kickinbears

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2018
Happy 4th! Got a 11lb pork shoulder smoking on the WSM (12hrs and still going) and friends / family coming by to mark the occasion!

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
american-independence-day-patriotic-background-vector-2250400.jpg

Sounds delicious! I think we're just going to a local Knightdale, Independence Day gathering in the park. We usually do ribs every year, but we want to change it up. Food trucks, beer, and fireworks. Can't wait. Happy Independence Day everyone!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I put the flag out before 6:30 a.m., brought in the newspaper, and went back to bed. Later my wife will do some burgers for us. The city fireworks have moved from the Fairgrounds to a mall, and we don't find the parking lot and commercial surroundings to be inspiring, but we are considering it. I like it when people can put blankets on the grass, or at least stand on actual ground. I think the percussion of fireworks is music and shouldn't be accompanied by some recorded selection, nor even by a band. I guess I've gotten picky. These public celebrations are important. We like the Macy's display which has moved back to the Hudson River after being on the East River (I think it was). They do music, but it's televised and tasteful, usually. It's the most shells you'll see anywhere in the U.S. Enough of my fussing. Happy Fourth to all.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've just been re-educated about the Macy's fireworks. They will be on the East River, 23rd to 42nd St., 75,000 shells shot from seven barges, according to the NYTimes. For years, my wife and I thought Macy's did this under a contract with Grucci, the Long Island pyrotechnic outfit, but apparently it has long been done instead by Pyro Spectaculars of California. The write-up features i.d. pictures of eight different distinct fireworks shells in full bloom, or boom, with such nifty exotic names as: Crackling Palms, Red Swimming Stars, Saturn Blue With Red Ring and Silver Tail, and others. The show goes on for 25 minutes and begins at 9:25 EDT. If you can't make your local fireworks show in person, this is a good televised alternative.

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
May the blessings of independence and freedom be visited upon all, and the lessons thereof spread throughout the world.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Happy 4th everyone. We're taking our 4 year old grandson to Medieval Times for the 4:30 dinner/show. Fireworks tonight if it doesn't rain.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
This American expatriate will raise a toast to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness from afar. Have fun all!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Happy 4th to all! Putting together a picnic for my clan. Later on will be having the fireworks show. Went all out on a large set of mortar shell rockets to light the sky up. Being family patriarch is really fun when I get to be a kid again! :mrgreen:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
chasing', since my wife often teasingly calls me "the safety officer," I'll just say, be careful with those fireworks and have a great show, Captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.