PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

NateKP

Lurker
Oct 19, 2023
The first ever meeting for the Indiana Pipe Club will be taking place October 21st at the Smoker's Choice in Brownsburg Indiana. If you are nearby or passing through, please stop by!! Fun will be had by all! YouTuber Kaptain Kirk (Kirk Keener) and the Pipes, Pours, and Pals Podcasters (Justin and Nate) will be there along with myself and many others. Hope you can stop by!

Nate King

C. Berry

Lurker
Apr 15, 2023
Greenwood, IN
The first ever meeting for the Indiana Pipe Club will be taking place October 21st at the Smoker's Choice in Brownsburg Indiana. If you are nearby or passing through, please stop by!! Fun will be had by all! YouTuber Kaptain Kirk (Kirk Keener) and the Pipes, Pours, and Pals Podcasters (Justin and Nate) will be there along with myself and many others. Hope you can stop by!

Nate King
I was wondering when if you are going to have another meetup for the Indiana Pipe Club. I would be interested in joining.

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Just now noticed this thread.

I encourage anyone who might be undecided about making the drive, taking the time, or anything like that to attend one of these meetings, to definitely go for it.

There is a lot of quality pipe related Stuff happening in that neck of the woods, the region has a great history of clubs and shows, and NateKP is a world class pipe carver of long-established reputation who also happens to be a hella nice guy.

Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 3.00.32 PM.png

C. Berry

Lurker
Apr 15, 2023
Greenwood, IN
Just now noticed this thread.

I encourage anyone who might be undecided about making the drive, taking the time, or anything like that to attend one of these meetings, to definitely go for it.

There is a lot of quality pipe related Stuff happening in that neck of the woods, the region has a great history of clubs and shows, and NateKP is a world class pipe carver of long-established reputation who also happens to be a hella nice guy.

View attachment 260005
That is an awesome looking pipe.

Reactions: NateKP

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
That is an awesome looking pipe.

Nate made that 10-12 years ago.

It's big---around 8" long---and the assorted metal parts are TITANIUM.

As in, formed/maipulated/machined by hand for the pipe. He didn't find some titanium odds & ends and carve a pipe to fit them, in other words.

Why is that significant? Because fabricating titanium makes stainless steel look like putty in comparison. It's 100% impossible to do except by magicians (and a few defense contractors here and there).

How & why did Nate decide to make such a magnificent thing---that pipe is called the Streamliner, btw---is because he spent years as an Indy race car team member, and those astronaut-grade crazy guys like to do shit like that.