In A Tough Spot, No More Pipe Tobacco...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I was thinking a duck dog is something you made in the lab. Now I see where a duck dog is the lab.

dogduck.jpg

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
A hunting dog is a wonderful thing to have. I don't hunt ducks, but do hunt upland birds. It became MUCH more fun when I got my brittany!

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Luckily, my cellar currently is good for about 10 years. So a fear of running short isn't a problem. As well there are about 20 tins in transit to me currently.
Well, it's no wonder she is trying to bribe you into slowing down! No more sympathy for you, you have it covered. :wink:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The deal was, if you buy the dog, you can't buy any tobacco. However, your wife can buy you

gifts of tobacco or gift certificates for tobacco for holiday and birthday gifts, right? If she's

buying, you're not. And other family members. And Forums members may send you tobacco,

in your distress. What makes me think you won't go tobacco-free? Watch out, or I'll send you

my pouch of Clan.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
About the only way you would be busted buying tobacco is if she was around when the package showed up. My wife just shakes her head at my stash as I have it on bookshelves and in my closet. Once its on a shelf, she has no clue what is new or not. That said, she has never argued with a purchase of pipes or tobacco as long as the bills are paid. Since she is CFO, it works out nicely. But, I do have a separate checking account just for such things...
That is still a nice haul and a good deal compared to what you normally would have to pay. I just shipped a buddy some tobacco and am hoping it slips through OK. It would suck to have to pay duty on a gift.

petergunn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2013
you got off easy. After 34 years of marriage mine won't negotiate, she says
you want a $500. gun or pipe fine but I get $500. cash
it's cheaper for me to trade or just go without. :(

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
Buy your tobacco, cellar your wife...just kidding, sort of...
Of course this "deal" she offered does not seem to cover charity acquisitions. I am sure we can work out suitable trade arrangements that would not be "purchases"

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
She won't be buying me any gifys of tobacco, trust me! Lol.
Petergunn- My wife is a rare one. She hates to spend money! I have actually given her a set amount of cash a few times with a deadline that she had to blow it on herself, and show me receipts to prove she followed through. It hurt her to have to blow money on herself. She's a lucky find. Though with how I can spend it she offsets me nicely.

B

Status
Not open for further replies.