PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Any of you gentlemen familiar with the old St. Bruno pouches, when it was made by Imperial? I’m currently devouring a pouch from (I believe) between 2007-2013. There’s no barcode or serial number, just a gold stamp with 135 on it. Guessing it could mean May 13 but I really don’t know.

Going from memory, the cut changed from a shag to a broken flake in the early 2010’s & from a broken flake to more of a ribbon cut in 2016. This pouch is of the original RR which was more of a shag cut.
Thanks in advance to any replies.
IMG_4265.jpeg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I don't understand how this works but I can see that's some tasty stuff.
It's the real deal. The base tobaccos are MUCH better, more vibrant, than MacBarens. I like MacBarens version, but in no way does it compete on the same level as Ogden's.. It's not that they couldn't. Look at what they did originally with Doblone d'Oro for its first several years. But that only goes so far, so "good enough" is what you get.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
could be worse. Better then what happened with Drum. Went from a classic roll your own to something that couldn't even muster o.k.. And the worst part is they cheaped out hardest on the papers the tobacco wasn't great but the papers were terrible. That's when I started to smoke American Spirits the driest rolling tobacco known to man, decent stuff though.